Laptop keyboard not working & standard ps/2 keyboard driver didn't install after unins' and restart

DavLin
DavLin Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

My keyboard suddenly stopped working when I woke my computer back from sleep yesterday.

I searched for a solution online and after have tried many things I eventually uninstalled the standard ps/2 driver to get it automatically installed on reboot. At least so I thought. After the restart, the driver wasn't installed though and I can't find how to install the driver again. 

I have an Acer Swift 3 laptop with windows 10, I also provided an image of my system information below. If more information would be useful, feel free to ask.

My guess is that I need to install the driver manually but I can't seem to find the right one.

Notes:

- Before I uninstalled the driver there was some kind of error symbol on the driver

- The driver also wasn't under "Keyboards" but instead under "Unkown", unlike in the guides (See image; it was in the category which is open)

- All fn actions seem to work. Fn+F4, for example, still makes it enter sleep. All Fn+[button with blue symbol/text] still works, but simply typing doesn't work

Also posted on Microsoft forum: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/acer-laptop-keyboard-not-working-and-standard-ps2/084d4b56-3080-438d-97e4-0927bc41bf49?tm=1558253651732

Control Panel System Information:

Answers