Chromebook 15 Storage

Options
D3MEN666
D3MEN666 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Can someone please help me I am new here and I got a Chromebook for Christmas. I am not sure what's going on with the storage and a few others questions. When I called acer support they didn't seem to have any clue or intrest in helping me just kept telling i needed to contact Google for help.

Answers

• D3MEN666

Tinkerer

Options
    Sorry it's a Chromebook 15.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Give us a list of questions and we'll be happy to try and answer them. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • D3MEN666

Tinkerer

Options
    Thank you. I just got this Chromebook for Christmas and I am already having problems with it. I have never used one before and I am not sure how to tell if what I download is going to the correct place to be stored? If it is then I don't know why I am having this pop up. I also was wondering what the symbol that is circled in red is? Thank you again for answering me.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    By default data files are stored in the flash on the motherboard. There's not a lot of spare space there so you might have to do some management as suggested t free up space used by things like old videos... The symbol you highlight is, I believe, the 'switch to full screen' icon. If you are finding the storage too much of a restriction you can add an SD card to allow for extra room.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • D3MEN666

Tinkerer

Options
    Can the SD card be used as shared internal storage so apps that I get for my games will work from the card,instead of portable storage?
  • D3MEN666

Tinkerer

Options
    Also the screenshots I posted what is the significance of the writing in blue? Sorry I meant to ask that in my