Acer nitro AN515-53 not recognizing hard drive anymore.

brandonsmc
brandonsmc Member Posts: 6 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi, I had bought my Acer nitro AN515-53 laptop about late last year with the standard 256gb SSD, thinking I could update the storage with a 1tb hard drive. Upon using the laptop for a couple of months there were no problems until I ended up formatting it because some residual files would not be removed from the computer. After formatting the laptop, the hard drive has not been recognized by the system bios or the disk manager. I've looked up countless tutorials and none of them seems to be working for me. I removed the bottom cover and have removed and reconnected the SATA cable from the hard drive, and I keep seeing the intel rapid storage technology telling me it detects the port but afterwards it almost immediately disconnects it. If you have any solution as to my problem I would really appreciate the feedback. 

Answers

• Hello! Is hd recognized in the uefi information section? Is there any error in the program intel rapid storage isrt?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • brandonsmc
    Unfortunately no, the hard drive is not recognized in the UEFI section and in the intel rapid storage isrt it isn't even recognized, it says the port is empty. 
    Also, upon startup a few times two intel rapid storage messages pop up.

• OK! Is hd recognized here?

Have you tried changing the sata mode option to ahci? You must enter the security mode before and then make the change in bios:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • brandonsmc
    edited May 2019
    Hi! immediately after seeing the post I opened the rapid storage technology, only to see that the hard drive was back working, but seconds after I tried to open my file manager the entire screen went blue and was stuck there so I used ctrl+alt+delete and powered it off; After turning it back on, the hard drive disappeared and the computer started working fine again. 

• brandonsmc
    I also did boot it into safe mode and changed the SATA mode option to ahci, but that changed nothing. 
  • Have you tried resetting the battery according to this video?
    Have you tried disconnecting ssd?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• brandonsmc
    I did reset the battery and it was the same, but I've noticed that every day when I boot it up for the first time, it detects the drive but once I try to open the drive, the computer just crashes, so I'm assuming its the hard drive that has gone bad. I'm going to try connect a different hard drive and see if it will solve the problem.
  • Ok! Post the result here!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• tusharpatil
    tusharpatil Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

I did reset the battery and it was the same, but I've noticed that every day when I boot it up for the first time, it detects the drive but once I try to open the drive, the computer just crashes, so I'm assuming its the hard drive that has gone bad. I'm going to try connect a different hard drive and see if it will solve the problem.
    Hi, I am facing same problem with my acer Nitro 5 AN515-54. Did you find any solution for this problem?