Gsync Monitor Flicker in Windows due to low frame rate

Eiagra
Eiagra Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
Greetings.

I recently came across an unusual anomaly in Windows 10 where the iCUE app (from Corsair for their RGB keyboards) was causing my monitor to flicker when it was up on the screen.

Turning off Gsync eliminates the issue, but obviously that also removes the benefit of Gsync when I'm gaming.  Upon further investigation, I turned on the refresh number, and noticed that iCUE is dropping to around 20-24 fps (fluctuates quite a bit).  That's causing the rest of my monitor to flicker.

The issue is obviously more the app than the monitor or driver, and I plan to contact Corsair about this flaw in their software, but has anyone else encountered this?

Also, I tried enabling Gsync for just full-screen apps, but that doesn't seem to impact the issue -- which is a surprise, as I expected it to.

Monitor is XB271HU.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    >>>The issue is obviously more the app than the monitor or driver, and I plan to contact Corsair about this flaw in their software, but has anyone else encountered this?>>>

Don't wait for somebody to respond here. It may take a while. Rattle the Corsair techies cages on this issue http://forum.corsair.com/v3/forumdisplay.php?f=280

Let us know the results good bad or indifferent.  :)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ