NO BOOTABLE DEVICE - SWITCH ALPHA 12

Issuesneedfixed
Issuesneedfixed Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Every time I try to turn on my switch alpha 12 it tells me no bootable device. I've tried the quick fixes that everyone had said online such as changing the BIOS to legacy and switching the order of boot up but neither has worked. Does anyone have any solutions?

Answers

• Hello! Have you checked that hd is correctly recognized in the uefi information section? Have you checked that windows boot manager comes first in the boot section?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Issuesneedfixed
    Hello! Have you checked that hd is correctly recognized in the uefi information section? Have you checked that windows boot manager comes first in the boot section?
    It currently looks like this
  • Have you tried to press alt + f10 before the Acer logo to reinstall windows?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Issuesneedfixed
    Have you tried to press alt + f10 before the Acer logo to reinstall windows?
    I just tried it yet it flashes the logo and goes start to no bootable device
  • Have you tried reinstalling windows using an iso from microsoft?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Also make sure the D2D recovery option is enabled in the BIOS Main tab so the ALT+F10 recovery works. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• usisseven
    usisseven Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello guys,

I am having the same issue here. No bootable device error occures while startup and also when I tried alt + F10. I have an usb stick with win10 installation ISO inside, I tried to boot from it, the Acer Booting screen just did some stuff over and over again without moving forward. I have read online it could be an issue with HDD. Unfortunately my warranty just finished last february. I am unsure what to do right now. Can anyone help?

Thanks!
  • @unisseven Ideally you create a new topic by clicking Ask a question!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer

Press and hold the power button till the machine completely shuts off. Then turn it back on and immediately press the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu. Do you see an HDD listed in the BIOS Information tab? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ