W510 Windows tab CPU virtualization

mountaindew
mountaindew Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
I need to enable CPU virtualization on my Iconia W510. I performed an Intel CPU diagnosis and it says the Atom processor supports virtualization. How can I enable it? I opened the BIOS but no setting there. Is there a BIOS upgrade? It is running Windows 10.

I also have the Iconia W4 running Windows 10 and it has virtualization enabled. 

Best Answer

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    For this model only this version is available:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/ID/content/support-product/4549;

But it is a matter of physical control.
    If there is no support, no controller can provide the enable.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

Answers

• MaClane
    Good night mountaindew !

Not all Bios have option for direct reading access from the hardware to VT.
    If yours is not displayed the option is because the system does not support it.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• mountaindew

Tinkerer

I suppose there is no work around. I have Bluestacks android emulator running on my Iconia W4-820, albeit a bit slow, but I use it only for using a magazine reader app that is not available for Windows. I have tried other emulators. They installed OK but the 'engine' will not run. 2 of these emulators actually gave an error message to 'enable CPU virtualization'. 

When I bought the Iconia W5 I expected it to at least perform as well. If I remember correctly I believe I had to update the BIOS on the W4. Is there a BIOS update for the W5?
  • MaClane
    Answer ✓
    For this model only this version is available:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/ID/content/support-product/4549;

But it is a matter of physical control.
    If there is no support, no controller can provide the enable.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• mountaindew

Tinkerer

MaClane. Thanks for responding. 
  • MaClane
    Good Morning!

If my answer was helpful, check the accept to put as resolved and help others in the forum!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• mountaindew

Tinkerer

My objective was to read magazines that normally would be viewed in RBDigital, of which there is no Windows version. I could read them on their website using a browser. However this was clumsy and almost impossible using all the usual browser, Edge, IExplorer, Firefox and Chrome. But I tried Opera and it works perfectly. It is faster than the others as well.
  • MaClane
    I really do not know the need for VT for this type of application.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• mountaindew

Tinkerer

I was trying to run the RBDigital android app in Windows so needed an android emulator, thus needing virtualization. 
  • MaClane
    There is a version of BlueStacks that uses the Kat Kit that does not require VT.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• mountaindew

Tinkerer

Where can I find that one?
  • MaClane
    It is not allowed to share this type of link in the forum.
    Search the following Google:

Android Emulator For Pc Without Vt-Virtualization

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• mountaindew

Tinkerer

Found it, thanks. I'll give it a try. 
  • mountaindew

Tinkerer

No go. It installed OK but engine does not run. It says 'initializing'  for about 2 seconds and then dies.
  • MaClane
    Did you get the right version?

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• mountaindew

Tinkerer

I searched as you directed and downloaded -  Bluestacks 0.10.7.5601 (Rooted Modded) (Android Emulator)