Acer Nitro 5 Keyboard Lag

Options
13»

Answers

• debonair3
    debonair3 Member Posts: 22 Networker
    Options
    JackE said:
    OK. You probably won't like this. But here's my suggestion. Backup any personal files. Then do an erase everything ALT+F10 cold boot factory reset as shown in the video below preferrably with your router or wifi turned off so as to prevent any Win10 updates from sneaking in. Then enable system protection in ControlPanel's restore point app. Then test to make sure your KB lag is gone in both Windows and the live usb session. Then turn the wifi back on. If/when the lag reappears, the restore point app should reveal the update culprit which can then be blocked. Jack E/NJ

I have already installed windows from a 2017 Windows USB stick, fresh.  The lag was apparent on the first boot but I was connected to the internet.  Why would a windows update affect the Linux USB live session?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,585 Trailblazer
    Options
    Some Win10 updates have allegedly been messing with BIOS firmware. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• debonair3
    Options
    JackE said:
    Some Win10 updates have allegedly been messing with BIOS firmware. Jack E/NJ
    Ok, thanks again.  I'll try that.
  • debonair3
    Options
    Sent it in for warranty repair.  This apparently is happening to a lot of other people.  After reading some complaints I realized that it was only specific keys that would go out.
  • debonair3
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Went through Best Buy Warranty service and they replaced the keyboard and motherboard for free.  So far I haven't had an issue with the keyboard.  Will update if something changes.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,585 Trailblazer
    Options
    Congrats. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Tim_L
    Tim_L Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I had a similar issue with keyboard keys not quite working right on my Acer laptop.  Windows 10, Nitro AN517-51. I went into "Settings - Ease of Access - Keyboard" and turned off all of the options.  This seems to have cleared up the issues I was having.   At least for now.