Acer Nitro 5 Keyboard Lag

Options
dhruvsinghtomar
dhruvsinghtomar Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
My laptop's keyboard starts lagging every time I switch on my laptop. The keyboard takes 5-6 presses to get it running properly without lagging. Might be a driver issue? Help.

Best Answer

• debonair3
    debonair3 Member Posts: 22 Networker
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Went through Best Buy Warranty service and they replaced the keyboard and motherboard for free.  So far I haven't had an issue with the keyboard.  Will update if something changes.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options
    Turn laptop completely off. Then turn it back on and immediately start tapping the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu. Is there any KB lag inside the BIOS menu? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• 21BombSquad
    21BombSquad Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    hey I recenty updated to the latest version f windows and amd getting contant lag on kb
  • JackE
    Options
    First try uninstalling the KB driver in Device Manager's KB folder. Then re-boot. If still no joy, open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in the left pane. Click 'system restore' button. Click 'next'. Select automatic Win10 restore point. If it works you can temporarily block the update till a newer one is released. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• debonair3
    Options
    I have the Nitro 5 and I'm having keyboard lag problems as well.  The only thing that has helped, temporarily, is completely shutting down and putting a pin in the battery disconnect hole on the bottom of the machine.  The problem seems to occur more after I mistype something and hit the backspace button.  When I'm having the problem booting into safe mode doesn't help.  I also did all the other recommendations like filter keys and removing drivers, etc.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>The only thing that has helped, temporarily, is completely shutting down and putting a pin in the battery disconnect hole>>>>

Try turning off fast startup in ControlPanel's power button app. Then shutdown Windows. Then turn the machine back on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• debonair3
    Options
    Thank you for that.  It seems better now.  I'll keep using the system to see how it works after some sleep cycles.
  • debonair3
    Options
    Keyboard lag has returned.  
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the exact model of laptop @debonair3? Example a515-51g-58vh.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • debonair3
    Options
    AN515-42-R5ED
  • JackE
    Options
    Make sure the fast startup option is still off. A Win10 update might've turned it back on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• debonair3
    Options
    JackE said:
    Make sure the fast startup option is still off. A Win10 update might've turned it back on. Jack E/NJ
    I confirmed that it was still off.
  • JackE
    Options
    Open ControlPanel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. Click 'system restore' button . Click 'next'. Do you see any automatic restore points around the time the lag returned? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Would it be interesting to risk a bios upgrade? By the date of distribution of the model AN515-42-R5ED, it is very likely that it came with bios in version 1.08!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    Options
    If you didn't find a restore point with a date/time stamp coinciding with the lag, do you notice any KB lag while inside the BIOS menu itself? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• debonair3
    Options
    Would it be interesting to risk a bios upgrade? By the date of distribution of the model AN515-42-R5ED, it is very likely that it came with bios in version 1.08!
    I am on 1.16
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Did you update the bios? As colleague jacke asked, does the keyboard also feature bios in the bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• debonair3
    Options
    Did you update the bios? As colleague jacke asked, does the keyboard also feature bios in the bios?
    I did update the bios.  I got into the bios and the keyboard seemed ok.  Hard to tell though since I can't type sentences there.  I don't have old restore points to go back to either.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>Thank you for that.  It seems better now.  I'll keep using the system to see how it works after some sleep cycles. >>>

Was the BIOS firmware already updated when you posted this? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• debonair3
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>Thank you for that.  It seems better now.  I'll keep using the system to see how it works after some sleep cycles. >>>

Was the BIOS firmware already updated when you posted this? Jack E/NJ
    Yes
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>I don't have old restore points to go back to either. >>>

If there were none listed, system protection is probably disabled. Open ControlPanel. Searcj 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. In the box that pops up, are the protection setting on or off? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ