Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Aspire E5-476G - why did my HDMI cable connection with my TV stopped working after Windows update?

mnjraimnjrai Posts: 6Member

Tinkerer

why did my HDMI cable connection from my computer to my TV stopped working after Windows update and still not working after several follow-up updates?

Best Answer

FAQ & Answers

• MaClaneMaClane Posts: 5,916ACE Pathfinder
    Good afternoon mnjrai !

First you must tell the exact model of your laptop and which version of Windows is installed.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um "Curtir", marque como "Solucionado" e clique em "Promover"!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a like, flag as "Fixed" and click "Promote"!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

ACE Pathfinder 2014 - 2019                          

• JackEJackE Posts: 14,769ACE Trailblazer
    First try turning the TV on with the FN+F5 toggle key combo. Jack E/NJ
  • mnjraimnjrai Posts: 6Member

Tinkerer

Aspire E5-476G is my computer, I get a msg saying "your PC cant project to another screen. Try reinstalling the driver or using a different video card." It worked well before Windows updates
  • PiterPiter Posts: 32Member Enthusiast

Try the steps below and see if it helps.

- Right click "This PC" icon on the desktop

- On the drop down menu, click on the first "Properties" selection (not the "Properties" on the bottom of the list, which in and of itself is also confusing - again, another brilliant MS programmer move, but I digress)

- Click/select "Device Manager" on the left column of the screen

- Click "Display adapters".  If nothing shows up, go to "View" on the menu tab above, and click "Show hidden devices"

- Right click the appropriate display adapter that's showing to bring up a pop-up menu.

- Click update driver and follow the ensuing directions - in the update driver wizard, choose the option to go to the web and find the latest manufacturer's display driver.  Finish installing the driver update.

The exact model.
    Example: E5-476G-5319

mnjrai disse:
    Aspire E5-476G is my computer, I get a msg saying "your PC cant project to another screen. Try reinstalling the driver or using a different video card." It worked well before Windows updates

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um "Curtir", marque como "Solucionado" e clique em "Promover"!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

Simply open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in the left pane. Click 'system restore' button. Click 'next'. Select automatic Win10 restore point with a date stamp that caused HDMI problem. Jack E/NJ 
  • mnjraimnjrai Posts: 6Member

Tinkerer

edited May 15 Accepted Answer
    my computer: Aspire E5-476G-57YH

Thank you all but I referred to this site and it solved my problem. I hope I did the right thing since I am not a computer expert.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Intel-Graphics-620-will-not-update-and-continuously-says/td-p/6679898
    Good for you! Jack E/NJ
    Great!
    Needing something, just post!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™