Windows 10 Updates - 1809 / 1903

DanielZambrano
DanielZambrano Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
E5-576-5762 does not enjoy the October 2018 Windows 10 update, 7 months later they update the system and I do not have the update available for download.

Do you plan to make acer computers compatible with these versions of windows? 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    What update are you looking for? A driver? Firmware? Apps? Or what problem is the machine exhibiting? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DanielZambrano
    DanielZambrano Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

I want to upgrade my windows system to the last build.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    If 1809 won't install, then wait to see if the next major update later this month or next will install. If the next one still chokes, then wait some more for the fall update. Such is the new and unimproved fast and furious Windows half-baked update and short lifecycle policy. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet
    If you're as annoyed as many of us are with this, then go to a more stable operating system like Linux Mint. Mine is set up to have the same look, feel and function of arguably the last half-way decent Windows version, Win7

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• WJB-2
    WJB-2 Member Posts: 81 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

My Aspire E1, JackE and Daniel, shares this issue. As previously discussed with JackE, I too switched to highly superior Linux Mint. But selecting temporary Windows dual booting for two Aspires was followed by an extra heavy dose of Microsoft frustration. When version 1809 arrived for my modest 2012 Intel Celeron Z1620, an EFI hybrid unit, I expected it at any moment for the 2014 Intel Pentium E1. But like Daniel, months later still no 1809 for the E1, with 1903 possibly days away.

The E1 automatically receives 1803 cumulative updates while Windows Update urges "Check for updates now to find out if the update is available for you." Huh? I cleared the Software Distribution folder and had the Update Troubleshooter find and fix errors. And still no 1809 offered. Selecting "See what's new in the latest update" invites 1809 installation/download. But it's widely warned that when a new Windows 10 refresh releases, users should not rush to install it but wait until it becomes available automatically.

At this point I'm more humored than annoyed by the ever growing Windows 10 flaws. I can finally laugh at Microsoft because my Z1620 is now Linux only. And I simply want 1809/1903 for a Linux dual booting E1 that I'll only boot into Windows 10 for updates.