My touch screen keeps dropping out

epzcaw
epzcaw Member Posts: 7 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
Acer Swift SF515-51T

My touch screen regularly stops working.  When this happens, and I go to Device Manager, it does not appear in the list of HD devices.  If I ask it to display hidden devices, it appears and when I check properties, it tells me it has been disconnected.  I have no idea how to re-connect it.  However, if I re-start the computer, the touch screen is now working.  But at some point later, it then stops working and the only way I can find to get it working again is to restart.
I have not made any changes - Windows updates itself automatically.  This has been happening since I got the computer a couple of months ago.
I note that lots of people have asked questions about touch screen problems, but I can't find any answers.
Any help appreciated!

Answers

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • epzcaw
    Thank you.  I tried this and touch screen remained on for the rest of the day yesterday, but when I went to the computer today, it was no longer working.  It had again disappeared from the list of devices.  I got it back by asking for hidden devices to be displayed, but Properties again said:

"Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)
    To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer."

I restarted the computer and it is working properly again.

Is there a simpler way to "re-connect the hardware"?

Or another solution?

• I believe there is some other driver that is not up to date! I suggest you download the driverbooster program to update the drivers: https://www.iobit.com/pt/driver-booster.php
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • epzcaw
    I've done that but the problem persists.
  • OK! Try disabling fast start up here:

Go to the device manager and find the i2c or touchsreen driver and in power managemente, disable the function that turns the device off:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• epzcaw
    I found the I2C icon.  I noted that when the touch screen is missing, it has a warning sign on.  If I disable it and re-enable it, the touch screen returns.

I unticked the box that allows it to use the device to save power, but it still keeps switching out the touch screen. Clearly, something is wrong!

However, it is now much easier to switch it on again rather than having to restart, so a big improvement. 

Thanks for your help.

• Can you tell the device idhardware that a warning signal remains? Example of how to identify the device idhardware:

I would like you to copy the idhardware from the touch screen device!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• epzcaw
    Attached as  JPEG
  • I would like to see the idhardware of the device when it is presenting problems!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer