where to find a screen replacement for ph315-51 59B6 that came with a 60hz stock display?(ph315-51 5

dibsfreenergy
dibsfreenergy Member Posts: 7 New User
edited May 2019 in Predator Laptops
Hi, i own a predator helios 300 ph315-51 59B6
my unit came with a 60hz stock display which i broke accidentally and had to get a subpar local replacement. The colors on this piece are terrible and it runs at 59hz.
I am looking for a replacement screen which is as good as or even better than the one that this was shipped with. where and how can i find a good screen and is it possible to use a 120hz screen with this somehow? if yes then where do i purchase it from.
thank you.

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,837 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Well there are a few IPS screens with better color rendition & viewing angles than what you originally had, but with comparable 40-60Hz refresh rates. You can google the part numbers shown below for replacement vendors/sellers. Or you can try googling  'ph315-51 replacement screen' for generics that might have shorter 8-9 ms response times which translate to about 120Hz refresh rates. Your graphics adapter may drive a  generic 120Hz-capable screen just fine but there's no 100% guarantees it will drive it at higher rates than 60Hz in the specsheet. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    >>>so can i not get a 120hz display to work properly?>>>

Finding a 120Hz-capable screen that will work at it's full rate is a c rapshoot. 50-50 chance. Not 100% certainty. If it were mine and I was satisfied with color rendition and viewing angle of the stock screen, I'd get the stock screen again. The biggest difference is that an IPS screen doesn't fade as much at viewing angles greater than about 30*. But I wouldn't pay extra for this. Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    The 30-pin count means it's likely electronically compatible. It's the compatibility with the 3D physical dimensions that might be questionable. They may be slightly different enough so as to require some jury-rigging on your part to make it fit inside the lid frame.  You'd just have to order one and find out but understand that it might not work out as well as you hope. Amazon has a fairly good returns policy so it might be worth the gamble just from looking at some of the reviews. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Well there are a few IPS screens with better color rendition & viewing angles than what you originally had, but with comparable 40-60Hz refresh rates. You can google the part numbers shown below for replacement vendors/sellers. Or you can try googling  'ph315-51 replacement screen' for generics that might have shorter 8-9 ms response times which translate to about 120Hz refresh rates. Your graphics adapter may drive a  generic 120Hz-capable screen just fine but there's no 100% guarantees it will drive it at higher rates than 60Hz in the specsheet. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• dibsfreenergy
    so can i not get a 120hz display to work properly?
    also will any of those displays work better than the stock one?
    the first one seems to be the exact one my unit was shipped with b156han06
  • dibsfreenergy
    will this work? 
    https://www.amazon.com/Screen-Display-N156HHE-GA1-7RG-078US-Leopard/dp/B07CWSWX4Q
    i dont understand clearly as there are no clear reviews
  • JackE
    Answer ✓

Finding a 120Hz-capable screen that will work at it's full rate is a c rapshoot. 50-50 chance. Not 100% certainty. If it were mine and I was satisfied with color rendition and viewing angle of the stock screen, I'd get the stock screen again. The biggest difference is that an IPS screen doesn't fade as much at viewing angles greater than about 30*. But I wouldn't pay extra for this. Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    >>>will this work? https://www.amazon.com/Screen-Display-N156HHE-GA1-7RG-078US-Leopard/dp/B07CWSWX4Q
    i dont understand clearly as there are no clear reviews >>>

Like I just said. 50-50 chance it will run at 120Hz. 50-50 chance it won't. I see 47 reviews and also questions answered. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• dibsfreenergy
    JackE said:

will this work? is it compatible?
    https://www.amazon.com/Screen-Display-N156HHE-GA1-7RG-078US-Leopard/dp/B07CWSWX4Q
  • JackE
    Like I just said. 50-50 chance it will run at 120Hz. 50-50 chance it won't. I see 47 reviews and also questions answered. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• dibsfreenergy
    JackE said:
    >>>will this work? https://www.amazon.com/Screen-Display-N156HHE-GA1-7RG-078US-Leopard/dp/B07CWSWX4Q
    i dont understand clearly as there are no clear reviews >>>

my doubt is the compatibility with my model as there are no clear answers in the link, among the reviews people claim it worked for the helios 300 but i dont know if it is the one i have or any previous models that dont share the same compatibility.
  • dibsfreenergy
    JackE said:
    sorry for wasting soo much of your time i just dont have any knowledge on the subject hence asking repetitive questions 
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    The 30-pin count means it's likely electronically compatible. It's the compatibility with the 3D physical dimensions that might be questionable. They may be slightly different enough so as to require some jury-rigging on your part to make it fit inside the lid frame.  You'd just have to order one and find out but understand that it might not work out as well as you hope. Amazon has a fairly good returns policy so it might be worth the gamble just from looking at some of the reviews. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ