Acer C720 battery hassles

2»

Answers

• gurucubano
    gurucubano Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    No. The dealer does not respond and has an invalid postal addr in Germany
     I claimed and got back the 50 euro from Visa. I will buy another one.
  • gurucubano
    I bought another one and installed it on the weekend. Remarks:
    1. When I installed the new battery, it was empty, no LED turned on. The Acer C720 did not start without attaching power supply.
    2. The battery charged to 100% in around three hours while using the laptop
    3. After this I removed the power and let it drain under usage. It went off after 6 hours.
    4. The original (three years old) battery was of type AP13J3K, the now removed is also AP13J3K, the now installed is AP13J4K, all claim being compatible with C720, C720P, ... I don't know what the difference is between AP13J4K and AP13J3K.

• The battery partbumber may vary, as long as it is compatible with your notebook. However, the battery voltage should be identical to the original battery!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • gurucubano
    The original old one has 11.25V output, all others have 11.41V. Any concern or is in the limits of tolerance?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    A slight variation in voltage is acceptable. Even the battery you have installed is compatible with your notebook, see:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • gurucubano
    ¡Obrigado!
  • De nada my friend ;)

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• gurucubano
    I have here a chart picture of the battery discharging (the gap near second 18000 is due to not have written down data):

• Type this command in power sheel with administrator: powercfg /batteryreport /output "C:\battery_report.html"

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• gurucubano
    My Acer C720 does not run Windows, lucky I am. Didn't I said this somewhere in this thread? I have no Windows in all in my house. Only Linux and FreeBSD, even on the four smartphones in my family Ubuntu is installed.
  • type this command: alias bat="upower -i /org/freedesktop/UPower/devices/battery_BAT0"

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• gurucubano
    FreeBSD:
    $ while true; do batteryLive=`/sbin/sysctl -n hw.acpi.battery.life`
    echo `date` ': ' ${batteryLive 'percent'                                                         
    sleep 60                                                                                           
    done
    Wed May 22 15:19:18 CEST 2019 :  100 percent
    Wed May 22 15:20:18 CEST 2019 :  100 percent
    Wed May 22 15:21:18 CEST 2019 :  99 percent
    Wed May 22 15:22:18 CEST 2019 :  99 percent
    Wed May 22 15:23:18 CEST 2019 :  99 percent
    Wed May 22 15:24:18 CEST 2019 :  98 percent
    Wed May 22 15:25:18 CEST 2019 :  98 percent

• Some users report that the c720 battery on linux, lasts about six hours! Have you already disabled bluetooth and other devices to check if the battery lasts longer?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer