Predator Orion 3000 Desktop has no screen after waking up from sleep/restart and one continous beep

Options
PetroPallack
PetroPallack Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi all,
Got my PO3-600 model last week. It worked fine for the first couple of days, then when I tried waking up from sleep mode there was no screen and it had one continuous beep until I had to turn it off by holding the power button. Just today it started doing this on restarts as well (turns off but can't set-up properly). Shut down and start-up work fine (although there is one short beep during the start screen that was there from the beginning, I assumed this is normal?). Please advise on how to fix this, I couldn't find a similar issue elsewhere.
Thank you.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in the left pane. Make sure all settings are in sleep mode, not hibernation or shutdown.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• PetroPallack
    PetroPallack Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thanks for the reply JackE. Unfortunately I tried what you suggested but there was no change. Still a continuous beep and no video signal. Both for sleep mode and restarts.
  • JackE
    Options
    Since you've only had it a week, I suggest try a full ALT+F10 factory reset. Shut the machine completely off. Then turn it back on and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tappping the F10 key. A recovery screen should appear. Follow directions in the video below for an erase everything reset. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Options
    Sorry. I keep forgetting you have a desktop not a laptop. You might try to look for a Control Panel automatic restore point with a date-time stamp about when this issue started. It could be a Win10 update that caused the issue. Use the restore point to try to recover the system the way it was when you first got it. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Karuke56
    Karuke56 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I have the same problem while starting my Predator.  I can't pull up anything on the monitor.  It just keeps saying the cpu has a problem and it will restart over and over.
  • JackE
    Options

This thread is over a year old. Best to start your own thread for better visibility to other forum users who might be able to help. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• 03hatoal
    03hatoal Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hello I know the thread is over but how did you fix it? Mine is beeping and screen is black same pc 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    As Jack said a couple of years ago, best to ask that in your own thread... Make sure you give the full model number (likely something like PO3xx-xxx-xxxx), what you are seeing and hearing and what you have tried so far. Especially the beep pattern...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.