Which DisplayPort cable is delivered with the Acer Predator XB241 ?

Options
Desper
Desper Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
So I managed to accidentally bend over the DisplayPort cable off the XB241. Before I had 180Hz Refresh Rate on 1920x1080. Now, the NVIDIA Control panel only gives me 60Hz maximum to set for the refresh rate. Most probably I damaged the cable a bit too hard, so now I need to buy a new DP cable. However, i am not certain which version the DP cable is that comes with the monitor. I assume it is DP 1.2 as the cable producer "BizLink" sells 1.2 DP cables. Nevertheless, I wanted to make sure I´m buying the  right cable now because I cant find that information on the product details or anywhere else. 

I already tried rebooting the monitor and have checked all the settings in the in-line monitor display and the settings are all the same like before. Consequently, I am fairly sure that it isnt a problem with the settings or the monitor itself but the cable instead. 

Thanks to everyone who can help me with that. 

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,083 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello,
    The DP cable should be this one:
    50.LXPM2.008 | CABLE.DISPLAY.PORT 1.2
    Could you give me the monitor part number (P/N) located on the sticker?
    France

Answers

• laurent_14
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello,
    France
  • Kev0806
    Kev0806 Member, Parts Partner Posts: 89 Authorized Parts Partner
    Options
    Here is a link to the original Acer Cable. If you require anything please do not hesitate to contact me. 

https://sourceitstore.com/products/display-port-cable-1-2-for-the-xb241
    SourceITstore.ca
    "How Can We Help?"
    Your Partners in IT
    866-414-9303
  • laurent_14
    Options
    Kev0806 said:
    Here is a link to the original Acer Cable. If you require anything please do not hesitate to contact me. 

https://sourceitstore.com/products/display-port-cable-1-2-for-the-xb241
    Wow :o  51 CAD vs 11~15 EUR in Europe: https://www.zandparts.com/en/Acer-50.LXPM2.008
    France
  • Kev0806
    Options
    22.70 CND is 15.00 Euro Right now, add shipping and we are in the same ball park. Shipping charges can be very expensive, Seeing as your in France I would certainly try to order from Europe. Having said that if you do not have the part available please keep us in mind.  
    SourceITstore.ca
    "How Can We Help?"
    Your Partners in IT
    866-414-9303
  • Desper
    Options
    Hello,
    UM.FX1EE.001
  • Desper
    Options
    Thanks for all the help so far. I Just want to clarify my concern: Basically, I wanted to know which DisplayPort cable version (1.2 // 1.3 // 1.4) is used by Acer by default for this particular monitor. My concern is to find a matching DP cable that can keep up with the overclock monitor refresh rate of 180Hz maximum. I was already assuming it is 1.2 - accordingly my thoughts were confirmed. I do not really need help in finding a DP cable online even though I appreciate your effort :D 

By the way, the link you posted for the original Acer DP 1.2 cable is not valid then. Checking the compatible products shows that this cable does not work with the Acer Predator XB241 [Serial Number: MMT5VEE00283904B4E4200] 

Ultimately, I will still order a DP 1.2 cable but from within my own country (Austria in this case). Accordingly, I am not too interested into ordering a DP cable from Canada which is more than 10x the price I pay in Austria or Germany ( ~ 8€ and no shipping costs).

Nevertheless, thanks for the help and your time. 

Kind regards. 
  • laurent_14
    Options
    Thanks. I confirm it's the right DP cable according to your monitor part number.
    France
  • Kev0806
    Options
    We can also confirm that based on your model number part number 50.LXPM2.008 is the correct DP Cable. 

SourceITstore.ca
    "How Can We Help?"
    Your Partners in IT
    866-414-9303