Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Speaker not working

WulvzWulvz Posts: 8Member

Tinkerer

Hi my speaker is not working after 1 month of use. Sound is there when using headphone, but speaker does not work after I remove my headphone. seems like a hardware/speaker failure. What should I do, I tried updating driver, uninstalling, changing settings etc. but still not working.

Best Answers

• JackEJackE Posts: 16,640 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    >>>Hi my speaker is not working after 1 month of use.>>>

OK. Let's try this. Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. Click 'system restore' button. Click 'next'. Look for and select an automatic restore point with a date stamp about the day when you first noticed the speaker was silent. Jack E/NJ
  • Kev0806Kev0806 Posts: 55 Authorized Parts Partner
    Accepted Answer
    Just in Case, here is a link where you can find the part number and purchase your speakers should you need to. 
    https://sourceitstore.com/products/predator-g3-571-speaker-set-left-and-right-23-q28n2-001

Good luck. 
    SourceITstore.ca
    "How Can We Help?"
    Your Partners in IT
    866-414-9303

FAQ & Answers

• JackEJackE Posts: 16,640ACE Trailblazer
    When your right-click speaker tray icon and click playback devices, what does popup look like? If green checkmark like below, turn speakers on by pressing FN+F8. Jack E/NJ

• WulvzWulvz Posts: 8Member

Tinkerer

It was enabled and unmuted. Volume at 100 currently. Just I noticed now that there is a popping sound every second, but not so loud. I was only able to hear during night when it is very silent.

edited May 12
    Sorry. i posted wrong picture. Stay tuned. Jack E/NJ

Try this. Shut the laptop completely off. Then gently and repeatedly "insert & remove" headphone plug into laptop jack for about ten times. The purpose is to try to clean dirt and corrosion on the jack's internal contacts which must be electrically-closed when the headphone plug is removed in order to activate the speakers. Then turn the laptop back on and test the speakers. Jack E/NJ 

Tinkerer

Done it for 15minutes but still no luck.
    What is your full model number? Jack E/NJ

Tinkerer

PH315-51-716N

i7 8750H @2.20Ghz 2.21Ghz
    GTX 1060 6GB

Accepted Answer
    >>>Hi my speaker is not working after 1 month of use.>>>

OK. Let's try this. Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. Click 'system restore' button. Click 'next'. Look for and select an automatic restore point with a date stamp about the day when you first noticed the speaker was silent. Jack E/NJ

Tinkerer

Ok im presently doing restoration but im stuck here for 1 hr already. My laptop goes to sleep after 15mins so i need to keep moving my mouse to keep it running. Should i restart coz i think it is not going anywhere.
    You might still be able to minimize the restore screen while it's running and edit your Control Panel power plan so it  never goes to sleep. Jack E/NJ

• Kev0806Kev0806 Posts: 55Member, Parts Partner Authorized Parts Partner
    Accepted Answer
    Just in Case, here is a link where you can find the part number and purchase your speakers should you need to. 
    https://sourceitstore.com/products/predator-g3-571-speaker-set-left-and-right-23-q28n2-001

Good luck. 
    SourceITstore.ca
    "How Can We Help?"
    Your Partners in IT
    866-414-9303

Tinkerer

The restoration was not done succesfully, so i need to do it again and select another restore point. I will first change the power option and put sleep to never before doing it again.
    OK. Jack E/NJ

Tinkerer

Hi, so I completely done restore point 1 week before speaker sound was gone. The situation are still same, speaker is not working. In the meantime I will use head phone or external speaker then I will bring my Predator to a service center once I got back to my country. Thank you so much for your help Jack E
    Sorry it didn't work out. Sounds like the speaker ribbon cable connector probably has come loose from or needs to be re-seated on the mainboard. The bottom cover must be removed to access this connector. Jack E/NJ

Tinkerer

Hi Jack,

I would like to do that but I don't want to void my warranty period. I will use head phone and external speaker for the meantime until I can bring it to the service center. 

Thanks
    Good plan. Jack E/NJ