Why is my acer predator fans on max when im not even running any games and i have my fans on auto?

Options
Arkadota99
Arkadota99 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Best Answer

• tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    204F is very hot! Your laptop is overheating so the fans are ramping up to keep the temperatures under control. If this is at idle and not while gaming or running a CPU/GPU intensive program then the problem seems severe. Your idle temperatures should be closer to 100F.

I would read up on replacing the thermal paste within the laptop. If you've already opened it up to clean the fans you're already halfway there.

Answers

• Arkadota99
    Arkadota99 Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options
    I also have a predator helios 300 I teared down my computer and i was cleaning my fans put everything back it was suppose to be now my fans are going off i dont know why please help me!
  • tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    204F is very hot! Your laptop is overheating so the fans are ramping up to keep the temperatures under control. If this is at idle and not while gaming or running a CPU/GPU intensive program then the problem seems severe. Your idle temperatures should be closer to 100F.

I would read up on replacing the thermal paste within the laptop. If you've already opened it up to clean the fans you're already halfway there.