Nitro 5 - CPU heat only when on charger?

Kranolf
Kranolf Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello! I need some help, I encountered this weird issue, ONLY when on charger (and not even instantly, just after like 15 minutes) the CPU starts to build up heat, therefore the fans start spinning like crazy. I'm not gaming or anything, laptop is simply on charger, CPU at 85-95 Celsius, but the laptop is NOT HOT at all. As soon as I take the laptop out of charger, it instantly switches to normal temp (around 40 celsius) and fans are also spinning at normal speed. I don't think the CPU is really that hot, but what kind of bug is this??? What drivers do I need to update to make my laptop normal again. 

Another fun fact: When either I disable or enable CoolBoost, the fans speed are normal for like 10 seconds, then they start spinning like crazy again. Around 5800 RPM both on GPU and CPU, while GPU temp is always on 40-45, so it surely has to do something with the CPU.

Is it the CPU heat sensor? Thermal paste? I really don't know, whether I should bring it back to warranty or not. 

Answers

• Kranolf
    Anyone please?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,843 Trailblazer
    This is normal when gaming under heavy load since the CPU/GPU will only go into turbo mode when charger is plugged in to help conserve the battery charge. Any sustained GPU/CPU temperatures below about 94*C while charger plugged in under heavy load is entirely normally for these new nitro gaming machines. Pay more attention to the games you're playing --- or apps you're using --- and less on fretting over the nitro temperatures.  =) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mvmmarcus
    mvmmarcus Member Posts: 3 New User

Did you solve this problem? I have the same problem with my nitro
  • Kranolf
    mvmmarcus said:

Did you solve this problem? I have the same problem with my nitro
    No unfortunately. Issue is still present but it's not that frequent now.
  • mvmmarcus
    mvmmarcus Member Posts: 3 New User
    This is bad, as coolers trigger simple tasks. It is very uncomfortable