Need Driver Help for My E5-575-33BM Win 10

wbear
wbear Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
On the product support driver page there are several versions of the same drivers, difference being their date etc. I may be updating some as I have the original versions installed now. Some are identified specifically as "Kaby Lake" while others although for the same hardware are not labeled as "Kaby Lake". My processor is a Kaby Lake.
Lets take the VGA driver as an example. There are 8 of these drivers available for my model, 7 newer than the one I have installed which was labeled as Kaby Lake. NONE of the newer 7 are labeled as Kaby Lake. Can I install any of these newer drivers even though I have a Kaby Lake or am I stuck with the oldest of the bunch since it is the only one labeled for my exact processor?
I find it hard to believe the 7 newer won't work with Kaby Lake since it was the current latest processor when my machine was built, but then why would Acer bother to identify certain ones as specifically for one processor. However I may be wrong and I don't want to waste my time. The VGA driver is not the only one that has this labeling.
Anyone know the specifics on this delima? Thanks!

Answers

• The drivers provided by Acer are old but optimized to work properly on your notebook. However, you can go to the intel website and download the latest drivers available: https://www.intel.com.br/content/www/br/pt/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • wbear
    wbear Member Posts: 2 New User
    I could go the Intel site but I would prefer to stay with the ones listed by Acer as there are many to try just not labeled for Kaby Lake.
    Are you saying drivers not labeled for my processor would work as good or better than my old one be they from the Acer site or the Intel site?
    Or MUST I only use ones specifically for Kaby Lake, that is what I really need to know?
  • In fact, who manufactures the drivers of your notebook is the intel! What happens is that Acer makes some modifications in this driver! You can either stay with the drivers provided by Acer or update the drivers on the Intel website! I'd rather update the drivers directly on the intel website!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)