Retask 3.5mm Jacks for Headphones

Squatta
Squatta Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I was wondering if anyone knew if the Acer Predator 17 Predator G9-793 supports 3.5mm jack re-tasking. I have separate audio out (speakers) and audio in (mic), but was wondering if either could be re-tasked (remapped) to be a headphone jack with both audio out and in in one port. I have been using my Arctic Pro Wireless headphones on my laptop and have my base station plugged into my PS4. I have tried direct USB to the headphones without any success (no audio or mic), I have also tried using as Bluetooth, but had horrible audio crackling, and now I am trying to use 3.5mm. The headphones have a single 3.5mm. I don't want to buy a splitter if I don't need to. Is it possible to retask these ports and, if so, is there any downside to retasking vs using a splitter. Also, while "playing around" with settings, I somehow made it so that audio works well in Windows, but when the game launches (via the Origin game platform), the audio completely stops. I went from horrid audio to none at all. Any suggestions?

Answers

• Squatta
    Squatta Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Also, I did have a Logiteck headset before and have been looking into the connection btw their software and the audio quitting altogether.