AN515-42 Nitro 5 factory reset

Options
dakater
dakater Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I'm seeing mixed reviews regarding factory resetting your laptop, doesn't it reset to the original "out-of-the-box" setup? 

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,619 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes, a full erase-everything factory reset returns the laptop to an out of the box factory state. However, a factory refresh will try to return the factory programs and system while saving your personal data & stuff installed since taking it out of the box. Both recovery methods are accessed the same way --- either inside Windows or outside Windows using the ALT+F10 cold boot recovery method shown in the video below. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,619 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes, a full erase-everything factory reset returns the laptop to an out of the box factory state. However, a factory refresh will try to return the factory programs and system while saving your personal data & stuff installed since taking it out of the box. Both recovery methods are accessed the same way --- either inside Windows or outside Windows using the ALT+F10 cold boot recovery method shown in the video below. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• escapehere42
    escapehere42 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options
    dakater said:
    I'm seeing mixed reviews regarding factory resetting your laptop, doesn't it reset to the original "out-of-the-box" setup? 
    I solved this problem with the help of the following video. The subject may be old, but it will benefit those coming from google.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_MPU7imEmU