Sound problems in predator helios 500 in ubuntu 18.04

gcqs
gcqs Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 20 in 2019 Archives
I'm experiencing some audio problems in predator helios 500 with ubuntu 18.04.

The audio settings show that the headphone is plugged, which is not and no sound is outputed with or without the phone connected.

I manage to get the audio from notebook working by messing with pavucontrol, alsa and force the redirection of output from headphone to the notebook sound. However, I'm still unable to use headphones.

Thanks for the attention

Best Answers

• gcqs
    Answer ✓
    Hi guys. Sorry to take so long to get the answer.

I've done all these things.

@JordanB , I came across with this solution too. Although it does manage to get the note speakers working I'll not able to connect the headphone.

I really think acer should try to develop drivers to help us.
  • gcqs
    Answer ✓
    I made a discovery today concerning the issue. I've just installed the tachyon renderer via apt get. And the sound broke again. I purged it and everything is working again. So there is some package, dependency related to tachyon that might be connected to the problem.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good night gcqs !

Already tried to select the sound output, go to "settings"> "sound"> and select your headphones.
    Are headphones displayed in the onscreen normally?

Have you tried these options?
    https://www.maketecheasier.com/fix-no-sound-issue-ubuntu/

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• gcqs
    Answer ✓
    Hi guys. Sorry to take so long to get the answer.

I've done all these things.

@JordanB , I came across with this solution too. Although it does manage to get the note speakers working I'll not able to connect the headphone.

I really think acer should try to develop drivers to help us.
  • MaClane
    Acer does not develop drivers and does not offer drivers approved for Linux systems in this model.
    In the case that m must develop the drivers is the manufacturer of the hardware and not the Acer.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• gcqs
    I've just installed ubuntu 18.04 upgrades (20/05/2019) and now everything works fine. Built in stereo and headphones.
  • MaClane
    Good night !

Excellent that has solved!
    Accept the answer to mark the topic as resolved and help others in the forum!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• gcqs
    Answer ✓
    I made a discovery today concerning the issue. I've just installed the tachyon renderer via apt get. And the sound broke again. I purged it and everything is working again. So there is some package, dependency related to tachyon that might be connected to the problem.