Can't run Predator XB240H at 144Hz via DVI-D Dual link

Options
saleen6
saleen6 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
Hi guys! I bought Predator XB240H a couple of days ago. Unfortunately, I don't have GPU with Displayport so I have to use DVI-D. This monitor supports 144Hz on Displayport and DVI-D Dual Link. I've connected it via DVI-D Dual link cable provided within the box but I can't get over 60Hz at native resolution. When I try to add custom resolution where I change the refresh rate. The max refresh rate I can achieve is 71Hz but when I change to it via Windows I get a popup message on the monitor "Incorrect cable. Please use the dual link DVI cable that came with your monitor". 

My specs :
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 @ 3.4GHz 
GPU: AMD Radeon R7 250 1GB GDDR5 @1050MHz
RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair LPX Vengeance 3200MHz 16-18-18-18-36 @3000MHz
MOBO: MSI B450M Mortar
PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 550W
P.S. I know that this GPU doesn't make sense but I play CS:GO only. I can easily achieve 200fps in any case. I play at 1280x800.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good night saleen6 !

What exact model?

XB240H ABPR
    XB240H BBMJDPR
    etc...

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• saleen6
    Options
    MaClane said:
    Good night saleen6 !

What exact model?

XB240H ABPR
    XB240H BBMJDPR
    etc...

XB240H BBMJDPR
  • MaClane
    Options
    Are your drivers properly updated?
    Your R7 is what brand?
    Some models only support single link DVI.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• saleen6
    Options
    MaClane said:
    Are your drivers properly updated?
    Your R7 is what brand?
    Some models only support single link DVI.

r7 250 sapphire 1gb gddr5
  • MaClane
    Options
    This model has dual-link DVI support.
    Have you tried changing the resolution and frequency rate for Windows or are you trying for the AMD panel?
    Have you tried another cable?

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• saleen6
    Options
    MaClane said:
    This model has dual-link DVI support.
    Have you tried changing the resolution and frequency rate for Windows or are you trying for the AMD panel?
    Have you tried another cable?
    Unfortunately, I don't have other DVI D Dual Link beside the one that came with monitor. I tried adding custom resolution via Custom Resolution Utility for AMD cards and via AMD software. None of the methods work.

I got this resolution as a recommendation but neither it works with a manual nor CVT RB timings.
  • MaClane
    Options
    I think in your case you will only get 120Hz.
    Maybe 144hz for WIndows.

httpswwwsevenforumscomattachmentshardware-devices389302d1486640516t-144hz-shows-windows-but-not-working-nvidia-resolution-144jpg

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™