Windows reset is not working I don't think( Acer predator helios 300)

Baden
Baden Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
Hello,

I have an Acer predator helios 300. Today I decided that I wanted to do a computer reset. So, i opened up the reset, clicked through on everything and the computer reset, or so i thought. I don't think that it worked because instead of going through the setup like it did when I originally opened the computer it just opened the login screen. I have been using Microsoft to log in so i selected the Microsoft login option. I put in my email and password and they don't work. I've already tried resetting the computer again and I know the password and email are correct. The computer also cannot connect to internet anymore. I feel like I've done something wrong. I reset this computer (the one I'm typing on) yesterday and once it was done it prompted me with all the usual setup settings, something the predator did not. Help please!

Answers

• You want to reinstall windows, correct? Have you ever tried to press alt + f10 before the Acer logo?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Baden
    I've tried that 4 times already, they all yield the same result. I booted the computer in safe mode and it logged me in, but I had nothing in my taskbar, couldn't use the windows key and had an error come up saying system32 couldn't find desktop or something. I tried using a system restore thinking it could just put my pc back to how it was before but it said I needed administrator.
  • The windows key is saved in uefi! Did you select the option that erases the hard drive?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Baden
    Computer has an ssd and a hdd. I selected the option that said erase both drives. The attached image is what I saw after entering in safe mode.
  • Can you access the command prompt through alt + f10 or in safe mode? If so, use this command here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Baden
    No i could not access the command prompt. When not in safe mode it asks me to use an account with administrator privileges, but says there aren't any, then tells me to restart. When i tried in safe mode it disabled the account. This goes for all options accessible by holding shift and pressing restart in the login screen, except 'reset this pc', which puts me back at the beginning. 
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer