Predator Helios 300 G3-571 charger instantly Disconnecting/Connecting while running any game

AVDGhoul07
AVDGhoul07 Member Posts: 9 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello , it has been around one and a half year gaming and working on this laptop , but recently it started showing some problems while gaming. This problem began around 1st week of April,2019.
At first while gaming the AC charger got disconnected and again got connected but it usually happened once or twice during one long gaming session.
And one day while playing a heavy game recently, during the game the charger got disconnected and so the game started lagging but after that I had to manually remove the charger pin and put it again for it to start charging again. It continued and it started getting worse since then. 

I tried updating all the drivers, rolling back to both previous window update and Nvidia drivers. I even tried uninstalling and installing both the battery compliant drivers but that didn't fix anything. I even tried resetting the laptop but that didn't help either. 
I have observed that whenever the frames increase or there is a little bit extra load on the gpu, the laptop's charger's disconnecting(beep) sound can be heard and a major frame drop can be seen. Can't even play any game for 2 minutes. I even tried to check Heavens Benchmark performance. When the frames start to go over 60 or whenever more load is put on Nvidia gpu, the AC charger disconnects and connects and this loop continues. And yeah I also tried pinhole battery reset for both 5 seconds and 30 seconds(calibration method) but it didn't help me either. I checked the battery status in Acer Care center and it shows 'Good'. I have been using Throttlestop since last year and it has been fine till first week of April.  

Can anyone suggest me what to do here ?
If possible can you also show me the settings of Throttlestop 8.70 FIVR and TPL settings ? That would be a great help.

Best Answer

• AVDGhoul07
    Answer ✓
    It was the faulty charger problem so buying new charger fixed it for me. Thanks for all the help .

Answers

• Hello! Do you always let the battery charge 100% before you start playing? Have you already set up the battery for high performance? What is the uefi version?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AVDGhoul07
    Hello! Do you always let the battery charge 100% before you start playing? Have you already set up the battery for high performance? What is the uefi version?
    Yes I always charge to 100 percent before gaming. And I have set the battery for high performance too. My laptop's UEFI Version is V1.22

• I know you already pressed the pinhole button! But do the procedure according to this video:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AVDGhoul07
    I know you already pressed the pinhole button! But do the procedure according to this video:
    I will try these steps and let you know. From what I have seen, earlier while gaming it's normal for the AC Adapter to get heated up so much but now the adapter always stays cool as if the laptop is disconnecting the adapter whenever there is a demand of more power. Can it be an issue from adapter side or Nvidia graphics ??
  • What is the exact model of your notebook? Example g3-571-77qk! Does it come with the 135w or 180w adapter?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AVDGhoul07
    Exact model number is G3-571-77QK  ,  my charger is 180 W
  • Have you checked the voltage of the power adapter with a multimeter? Would you like to test with another adapter?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AVDGhoul07
    Have you checked the voltage of the power adapter with a multimeter? Would you like to test with another adapter?
    No I haven't checked with multimeter but since last 1 and a half year it's working great and I am sure it's 180 W adapter , and I don't have other adapter to test this laptop with. Should I buy a different one?
  • I do not think the problem is in the power adapter! did you select the nvidia video card here?

Also, have you tried to calibrate the battery?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AVDGhoul07
    Ya I tried that Nvidia (High Performance) too but there's a point when little bit extra load is there on nvidia gpu and that's the moment when the AC adapter gets disconnected and frames drop and again it connects back. The most worrying part is earlier the adapter used to get heated up like hell but now it's not even showing half the heat. 

I will do the calibration as per your instructions and that link properly once I get some free time. I will let you know for sure if that works. 
  • Do you hear any noise coming from the power adapter or something? Do you know anyone who has the same notebook to test with the other adapter? Have you tried uninstalling throttlestop?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AVDGhoul07
    Do you hear any noise coming from the power adapter or something? Do you know anyone who has the same notebook to test with the other adapter? Have you tried uninstalling throttlestop?
    There is no kind of noise coming but one thing I haven't tested till now is taking the laptop to some other area and supplying power through different outlet. Also this problem began after I transferred from my old location. I will check with different power outlet and let you know soon.  
    No one has this notebook in my neighborhood.  And yeah I tried running all sort of games after deleting throttlestop too but same issues were there. So I don't think throttlestop is at fault here.   
  • ok! post the result here!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AVDGhoul07
    Answer ✓
    It was the faulty charger problem so buying new charger fixed it for me. Thanks for all the help .
  • Great my friend =)

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sUwUp
    sUwUp Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hi I'm having the same issue. Where'd you purchase a new battery?
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited July 2019
    sUwUp said:
    Hi I'm having the same issue. Where'd you purchase a new battery?
    sUwUp the OP didnt purchase a battery he purchased a new adapter/charger but yours might not be faulty at all you have to test it to see 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/