XB271H with PS4 Pro not working

Jaslee96
Jaslee96 Member Posts: 7 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
My title pretty much says it all. Anybody know how to make the XB271H work with a PS4 Pro? Put it into HDMI mode and it's still not working. 

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    edited May 2019
    Good night Jaslee96 !

Check on PS4 what resolution rate is being sent to the monitor.
    On some models, depending on the update, there may be blocking due to HDCP.
    Others only work with adapter.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Jaslee96
    I plugged it into my XB271HU 1440p monitor and made sure that HDCP was set to off and that my PS4 was in 1080p. Not even booting into safe mode will make my PS4 show up on that monitor. 
  • MaClane
    Have you tried lowering the refresh rate to 60hertz?
    Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Jaslee96
    No but I guess I'll have to try. I called Acer support earlier and all they had to tell me was it was the PS4s fault not the monitor. Even though the PS4 works on my XB271HU my living room TV as well as my old monitor 
  • MaClane
    Some monitor models require certain preconfigurations to be able to operate in this way.
    Try plugging it into a machine and set the frequency to 60Hz and the resolution to 1080p, connect to PS 4 and test.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Jaslee96
    No it's still throwing a no signal. 
  • MaClane

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Jaslee96
    Yea that doesn't really help. I have two monitors. The XB271HU 1440p which is my primary and an XB271H 1080p that's my secondary. On my XB271HU the PS4 works fine as long as HDCP is disabled. On my XB271H if doesn't work at all. The PS4 won't even boot to safe mode. And it's not just my PS4 it's also my wife's as well which won't boot on it. So it's definitely the monitor somewhere. I just want to use my XB271H because it's won't be blurry because it'll be at 1080p so it won't have to downscale. My XB271HU has to downscale from 1440p to 1080p making it blurry.