The charger of my Laptop Preditor Helios 300 keeps turning off and on. what can I do?

Options
DMB7777777
DMB7777777 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

As the title says my problem is about the charging. I almost always keep my laptop charger plugged in. So I was trying to play some games today and the charger kept going on and off every minute. I thought it could be because of the socket. So I tried it somewhere else and I got the same result. Can someone please help me?

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good morning DMB7777777  !

Perform the following procedures:

CALIBRATION AND BATTERY RESET

First, disable Quick Start in the power options and disconnect the notebook from the power outlet.

httpsikinja-imgcomgawker-mediaimageuploads--xWOn54Iw--c_scalef_autofl_progressiveq_80w_8001526844273443938480png

BATTERY CONTROLLER RESET
    Access the device manager and look for the "acpi-compatible control method battery driver" and "Microsoft AC Adapter" and give it up.
    Then restart the notebook for Windows to reinstall and remove any errors.

httpsimagesdrivereasycomwp-contentuploads201811img_5bfe7020cb7efjpg

Process to reset the battery

Disconnect the power adapter.
        Locate the hole to reset the battery in the bottom of the computer.
        He inserted a small clip into the hole. Hold the reset button for 05 seconds.
        Let the computer rest for 5 minutes without power.
        Plug in the power adapter and turn on the system.

External Battery Pack

If your notebook has an external battery, proceed as follows:
    1- Unplug the appliance from the mains and then disconnect the battery.
    2- Press the power button for thirty seconds, so that the static power is dissipated.
    3 - Replace the battery and turn the unit on.

Process for calibrating the battery

For this, you must turn off the device and give a 100% charge.
    Then unplug and use the battery until the battery runs out.
    Reload it as before.
    Repeat the process 3 times so that all cells are fully calibrated.

Power Outage Button

The interrupt button not being pressed correctly may generate this problem.

There is a power interrupt button:

httpsusv-cdnnet6029997uploadseditoriscep5djl3gb9qpng

If it is not pressed down or the case is misaligned, errors may occur.
    Check the same and use something like a layer of insulation tape to force and press this button correctly.

On the cover there is a projection that must press the button.
    Use electrical tape or something to force more pressure on this button.

httpsusv-cdnnet6029997uploadseditor15ai55hn6hargxpng

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• DMB7777777

Tinkerer

Options
    First of all thank you for your response.
    So this problem happened like a month ago, I did everything what you said , but it was still not working. And then I have just left my laptop to rest for 2 hours and it was working. But now it happened again and I have tried what you have told me but its not working. Can you please help mem
    Thanks in Advance
  • MaClane
    Options
    I suggest you check again and confirm the power interruption button.
    For your account is the same error that several users already presented and was solved by pressing the button correctly.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• DMB7777777

Tinkerer

Options
    My bro until now I had been doing al the steps until the process to reset battery. So I thought I will go on and now my keyboard is not working
  • MaClane
    Options
    The symptoms actually look like accumulated static charges.
    Let the battery run out and then retry charging and see if any errors occur.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• DMB7777777

Tinkerer

Options
    Hey there!
    I would like to explain the situation.
    So I removed the battery and holded the button 30 sec. and turned my laptop on. I wanted to give in the password to see if the charger is working. Then I realized that 2 or 3 letter are not working. So I opened the Laptop again and saw nothing special. Then I closed it again and turned the system on. But now there is just a few letter working. And then I tried to let the battery ran out and charge again. I did it, still no difference. But because you have told me to do it three times, I am busy with the second time.
    Can you maybe give other advices after knowing this information?
    Thanks in Advance 

• MaClane
    Options
    The calibration process is performed in this way.
    Running 3 times.
    I think the fact that the keys are faulty or the keyboard flat cable is misplaced or some track may be faulty.
    Check the tips and contacts of the keyboard flat cable again.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• DMB7777777

Tinkerer

edited January 2020
    Options
    Hi There!
    I did the three times thing. Thank GOD the charger problem is gone. but the keyboard is still not working.  
    Help me with this one please. Could I have damaged the keyboard when I had removed the battery?

Edited the content by removing inappropriate content.
    Acer-Samuel
  • MaClane
    Options
    Good thing you solved the battery problem.
    As for the keyboard, I believe that possibly the flat cable should be misplaced or bent.
    Check the dowel tips, remove and reinsert.
    check also if it is not badly folded at some point.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Wrathdog
    Wrathdog Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I had the same issue with the charger beeping and going off and on. The solution was a GPU driver ....
  • DMB7777777

Tinkerer

Options
    I actually fixed it with 3 times chrging and using . It happend once more like week ago and I fixed it like that.
    Still thanks for your help.
  • randhawa
    randhawa Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    i too had the same issue and did all the steps mentioned here and it didn't help
    finally i removed the battery connector from motherboard plugged the charger, the charging light was blinking, then i removed the charger and connected battery to motherboard and it worked.
    you do not have to remove battery, just remove the rainbow colored connector.
    also i noticed that battery light will keep blinking if RAM cover is not closed, as explained above by @MaClane, RAM cover keeps the battery interrupt button engaged.
  • zakir803
    zakir803 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options
    is there any solution about this problem?
  • MaClane
    Options
    zakir803 said:
    is there any solution about this problem?

Before posting, did you read ALL topics performed any procedures?

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Asmarkhan779
    Asmarkhan779 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Wrathdog said:
    I had the same issue with the charger beeping and going off and on. The solution was a GPU driver ....
    Like what I need to actually do..?
    Should I uninstall my nvidia driver or intel UHD or I need to update it..?
  • AddyNeo
    AddyNeo Member Posts: 0 Newbie
    Options
    Can confirm that the same issue was solved for me by calibrating the battery as mentioned by MaClane   

Reload it as before.

Note: I also reset the battery using the pin hole after it was completely drained the first time
  • kashi696
    kashi696 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    As the title says my problem is about the charging. I almost always keep my laptop charger plugged in. So I was trying to play some games today and the charger kept going on and off every minute. I thought it could be because of the socket. So I tried it somewhere else and I got the same result. Can someone please help me?
    I have exactly same Model and same problem as well. Where should i start from?? 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @kashi696Have you checked the previous tips?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Shea
    Shea Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    MaClane said:
    The interrupt button not being pressed correctly may generate this problem.

There is a power interrupt button:

httpsusv-cdnnet6029997uploadseditoriscep5djl3gb9qpng

If it is not pressed down or the case is misaligned, errors may occur.
    Check the same and use something like a layer of insulation tape to force and press this button correctly.

On the cover there is a projection that must press the button.
    Use electrical tape or something to force more pressure on this button.

httpsusv-cdnnet6029997uploadseditor15ai55hn6hargxpng
    I was able to confirm this by applying pressure on the RAM cover, while the laptop was still running, and the issue seemed to just go away.

This issue might occur if you transport the laptop in a car some distance, without a proper laptop bag. Which was the case for me.
  • JaissonMoro
    JaissonMoro Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    MaClane said:
    Good morning DMB7777777  !

Perform the following procedures:

Reload it as before.

It worked for me I've done all the process, but at this part I did this about 5 times, 3 charging the battery while the device was on, then reading it all again I realized that the device needed to be turned off. Then I uninstalled the battery drives again and repeated the process to calibrate the battery twice more. 

*I also did: turned on the device after it ran out of power by plug it in, turn it on, and removing the cable till it turn off again

thank you very much, now I got the blue light again, not the flashing annoying Amber, and the capacity showed by windows is 100%, before was 93%, during the process it reached only 73% just for you to know