Keyboard on spin 1 not working

Options
2»

Answers

• SirCastic
    SirCastic Member Posts: 9 New User
    Options
    FN F11 and F11 alone didn't fix the issue. I have the latest driver, but did update the BIOS. The keyboard is still not functioning correctly. 
  • SirCastic
    Options
    F11 by itself did not fix the issue. I have the latest driver, but I did update the BIOS. No change. 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    You can try to reset the system to a factory fresh Win10S state using the ALT+F10 cold boot method as shown in the video. If it fixes the problem, then you can try to convert to Win10 again to see if the issues reappears. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• SirCastic
    Options
    It appears that the machine will no longer stay in the Windows 10S OS state since the Windows 10 home option was activated. I’ve tried several times, and the Windows 10 home environment repeatedly gets reinstalled. While the Windows 10S OS is present immediately after the reinstallation the keyboard operates properly. 
  • JackE
    Options
    OK. Open ControlPanel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in the left pane. Click 'system restore'. Click 'next'. How many automatic Win10H restore points do you see? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• SirCastic
    Options
    There are no system restore points. It appears to me, that after I do a fresh reinstall of Win10S, Microsoft looks for updates, sees that the product key is for Win10 home, and pushes updates for Win10 home, and the keyboard driver is not compatible. 
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>There are no system restore points. >>>

Immediately after fresh reinstalling 10S, make sure system protection is enabled in the ControlPanel screen that appears immediately after clicking 'create a restore point' with the 'system restore' button. If it isn't enabled, no 10H auto restore points will be created

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• SirCastic
    Options
    Is there a link to the specific driver for this keyboard?
  • JackE
    Options
    Not that I know of. The KB driver is usually the old MS WinXP era 2006 driver even with Win10. You said earlier >>>While the Windows 10S OS is present immediately after the reinstallation the keyboard operates properly.  >>>

Immediately after  reinstallation you must turn wifi off with FN+F3 so a Win10 update can't mess things up again. Then open ControlPanel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in the left pane. Then make sure system protection is enabled. Then you can turn wifi back on. When the KB goes haywire again, immediately check for the restore point it should've left behind. Then we can restore the system and block that update (or block the whole Win10H system from resinstalling --- your choice) using Microsoft hide tool https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026726/windows-hide-windows-updates-or-driver-updates

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• teamsundin
    teamsundin Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi. I have the same version laptop and had run into the exact same issue. This is what worked for me:

Go into the BIOS by hitting F2 when the laptop starts up. On the main screen you should see an option to change the function keys. They are probably set to Media, you'll want to change them to Function.

Then, boot up into windows and use FN+F11 shortcut, this unlocked the FN lock for me. The reason the shortcut wasn't working was because of the media keys were messing up the shortcut.

Hope that helps for anyone who runs into this issue.
  • JackE
    Options
    Thanks for your report. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ