Will X193W Windows Vista 32bit drivers work in Windows 10 64bit?

Options
JimothySmith
JimothySmith Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
I'm having an issue when I use an DP->VGA converter to run my Acer X193W.  I don't see the native resolution (1440x900) in the options.  I've reset my GPU drivers.  The only thing I can think is to try and get the drivers for the X193W.  Problem is: It's only available for Windows Vista 32bit and I am running Windows 10 64bit.

Can anyone tell me if this will work, or if I need to try a new adapter?

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good night JimothySmith !

Windows 10 and its latest releases do not use monitor drivers because they have native PnP technology.
    Are you using an adapter or converter?
    There are 2 different devices.
    Adapters almost always have errors.
    Only some converters can perform certain tasks.
    Ideally, you should use native monitor ports directly, VGA or HDMi.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• JimothySmith
    JimothySmith Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I am using this adapter: 
    https://www.amazon.ca/VicTsing-Gold-plated-DisplayPort-Adapter-Projector/dp/B0142J2SPY/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=VicTsing+Gold-plated+DP+TO+VGA+DisplayPort&qid=1556728012&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Originally, it was working fine but then something happened.

Unfortunately this monitor only has a VGA.  My graphics card only has HDMI (used by my main monitor), DisplayPort or DVI-D ports.

I suppose at this point, I will likely have to purchase a new monitor?
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Ideally, you should get a better performance monitor and use the native GPU connections on the DP to be able to enjoy the best technology.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!