My new Touchscreen T272HUL - shows up as Generic PNP device in Windows 10?

Options
2»

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Yes, you can solve the problem of the resolution of your external monitor!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AlfK
    AlfK Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Options
    I do not understand why you say this, as clearly (now you have taken me through the processes in this post) that it has been shown that the graphics of my laptop will never be able to display the resolution of 2650 x 1440 .........will it not?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    It will be able to allow 2650x1440 resolution through the hdmi port! Before, I would like you to press the windows + p keys and select the "second screen only" option! I think the maximum resolution was not being displayed, why you were duplicating or extending the image!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AlfK
    Options
    Second screen Only is the option when I press Windows Key +P !

So are you saying I can achieve a higher resolution than the maximum one of 1920x1080 both windows graphic properties, (and intel) drivers state? If so I would like to know how this will be possible, before potentially messing up my laptop and installing a driver both Samsung and Intel say are not adviseable?
  • Vineet
    Vineet Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    AlfK said:
    No, because of the highlighted warning after running the intel system scan I sent in my last reply to you? Also because the same report stated that maximum resolution my HD4000 graphics would support was 1920 x 1080.......so this process you are suggesting will achieve nothing?
    AlfK said:
    No, because of the highlighted warning after running the intel system scan I sent in my last reply to you? Also because the same report stated that maximum resolution my HD4000 graphics would support was 1920 x 1080.......so this process you are suggesting will achieve nothing?
    Did you do the thing i said 
  • AlfK
    Options
    If you mean pressing Windows + P then yes I did, as stated it showed Second screen only
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Try his tip here:
    Vineet said:
    in this picture 
    That you posted 
    Go to this window | properties(shown in image) 
    And click on drivers and then 
    Click on update\install drivers it will automatically update/install the necessary drivers for yur monitor
    I had the same problem with my acer s220hql monitor when i upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8.1 
    And this solved the problem 
    The screen went off after driver download and then turned on again in 5 seconds automatically

Theory|explanation...😁
    What is happening is that windows is not recognizing your display 
     it recognizes other displays because their drivers are installed...which lets windows read their brand names which are written on their circuits
    This is not at all related to refresh rates...lol😂
    Hope it helps

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AlfK
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion but this was the first thing I tried before starting this post, and windows always says drivers are up to date. Even if you then choose to search for drivers online none are found. 

Over last couple of days I have come to conclusion it is age if  my laptop (2012) and it's drivers that is preventing monitor from showing any more resolutions beyond 1920 x 1080.

Intel have a slightly newer driver but display warning it is best to keep manufacturer's drivers (which are the latest, and obviously non W10 compliant). 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Not always the manufacturer's drivers are the best! Have you tried removing the video driver?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,941 Trailblazer
    Options
    AlfK, you are very likely right in regards to the laptop not supporting higher resolutions. I'm assuming it uses the builtin chipset for the graphics, which type does it use? One of the Intel HDxxxx versions maybe?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AlfK
    Options
    HD4000 graphics. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,941 Trailblazer
    Options
    Intel specs the HD 4000 at resolutions up to 4K, but it uses shared memory with the rest of the system and there may not be enough allowed to handle the higher resolutions. If you fire up System Information (hit your Windows key and start typing 'msinfo' and it should find it) you may be able to see how much memory has been configured for graphics.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.