My new Touchscreen T272HUL - shows up as Generic PNP device in Windows 10?

Options
AlfK
AlfK Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
My new Touchscreen T272HUL only shows up as a Generic PNP monitor in W10 device manager, whereas another touchscreen attached to the same laptop shows up as a correct iiyama PT touchscreen. I cannot find any drivers for my acer monitor anywhere so how is windows talking to it?
P.S. the touchscreen is working but I cannot get the full resolution of 2650x1440 listed on the Intel HD4000 graphics utility, only 1920x1080 via any supplied with monitor cables.....is this because no drivers are installed?

Answers

• Vineet
    Vineet Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited May 2019
    Options
    Hi there =)
    Please make sure that your display drivers are up to date/installed 
    Note that I'm not talking about graphics drivers imI talking about your monitors drivers
    To update your drivers search for drivers>display>update 
  • AlfK
    Options
    Hi Vineet,
    Thanks for your suggestion about ensuring W10 has correct drivers for the Acer 27" monitor but as I said in my initial post, windows only reports the monitor as a generic plug n play, and when I try and update it's drivers via the search for drivers on windows update option, it comes back saying drivers are up to date? 
    As the Acer site has no W10 (or any other windows version) drivers listed, I have no way of installing 3rd party monitor druvers as you state? 

I am a retired computer builder so used to doing these sort of things - usually W10 sorts things out automatically..... perhaps this model of monitor is not W10 compatible? 

regards
    Alf

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the exact model of your computer? Example an515-51-75kz! Have you installed the driverbooster to update the drivers? It is necessary to uncheck some useless programs!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AlfK
    Options
    A samsung ultrabook here is a link - https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/NP530U3C-A04UK/
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you ever been to intel's website to update all the notebook drivers? https://www.intel.com.br/content/www/br/pt/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html
    Have you already downloaded this program to update the drivers? http://dl.drp.su/17-online/DriverPack-17-Online.exe
    You need to deselect these programs:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AlfK
    Options
    Yes to the first site - said all drivers up to date. 

Not sure about the 2nd link!? Am very carefull about installing (or even downloading) such 3rd party apps. Will need to do a bit more 'googling' to check out this app. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the refresh rate being displayed here?

Have you tried resetting your monitor settings?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AlfK
    Options
    Yes have tried deleting and re-adding the acer monitor in W10 several times. Here is my W10 Display settings for the acer, I cannot find where W10 shows the second properties box you attached in your last post, that shows the refresh rate ?

Here are my monitors I have attached to my laptop:
    One of the Generic PnP monitor's is the Acer 27", the other is the laptop's screen which I have disabled via W10 display options, 
    the iiyama is anther touchscreen I have setup via a USB HP graphic adaptor with displaylink drivers. I have setup the acer 27" and iiyama monitors as Extended displays via W10 display properties.

W10 Device manager monitors:

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You must click here:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AlfK
    Options
    Thanks box was hidden under on of my other windows.....kept on clicking on that link but couldn't see it!!! Doh  :#
    Here it is....

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! Check all resolutions of this monitor here:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Vineet

Tinkerer

Options
    AlfK said:
    Yes have tried deleting and re-adding the acer monitor in W10 several times. Here is my W10 Display settings for the acer, I cannot find where W10 shows the second propertAlfK said:
    Yes have tried deleting and re-adding the acer monitor in W10 several times. Here is my W10 Display settings for the acer, I cannot find where W10 shows the second properties box you attached in your last post, that shows the refresh rate ?

One of the Generic PnP monitor's is the Acer 27", the other is the laptop's screen which I have disabled via W10 display options, 
    the iiyama is anther touchscreen I have setup via a USB HP graphic adaptor with displaylink drivers. I have setup the acer 27" and iiyama monitors as Extended displays via W10 display properties.

ies box you attached in your last post, that shows the refresh rate ?

• Vineet

Tinkerer

Options
    in this picture 
    That you posted 
    Go to this window | properties(shown in image) 
    And click on drivers and then 
    Click on update\install drivers it will automatically update/install the necessary drivers for yur monitor
    I had the same problem with my acer s220hql monitor when i upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8.1 
    And this solved the problem 
    The screen went off after driver download and then turned on again in 5 seconds automatically

Theory|explanation...😁
    What is happening is that windows is not recognizing your display 
     it recognizes other displays because their drivers are installed...which lets windows read their brand names which are written on their circuits
    This is not at all related to refresh rates...lol😂
    Hope it helps

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @VineetThe refresh rate may interfere with the display resolution! Failure to update the drivers may also affect the display resolution!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AlfK
    Options
    Okay, managed to increase to 60 Hertz now on the 1920 x 1080 res but no higher res e.g.2650 x 1440 shown, so looks like my Intel HD 4000 driver for this samsung laptop is not up to the task of supporting my Acer 27" at it's optimal resolution, and I cannot get any newer drivers for W10 that will ??? Is that your conclusion as well?

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Try uninstalling and deleting the intel video driver as well as external monitor drivers:

Then restart the notebook and go to the intel website and download the latest drivers!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AlfK
    Options
    Okay will have to do this later as working on the laptop for other things at present  B)
  • AlfK
    Options

Just ran the Intel system scanner which gave result for the HD4000 graphics driver: so cannot install an intel driver (unless you say otherwise?)

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Did you uninstall and delete the previous driver?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AlfK
    Options
    No, because of the highlighted warning after running the intel system scan I sent in my last reply to you? Also because the same report stated that maximum resolution my HD4000 graphics would support was 1920 x 1080.......so this process you are suggesting will achieve nothing?