Disappearing reappearing row/s of pixels on R11 CB5-132T

Options
Flaggy
Flaggy Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Apologies if this is covered somewhere, I've done searches and closest I've found is flickering pixels, which this, strictly speaking, isn't.

Machine only a few weeks old. May have been doing this all along, but, at first, I thought it was my imagination.
About every 1-2 seconds, a row of pixels (or maybe 2 or 3) around a quarter of the way up the screen, disappears with everything below it shifting up the screen. 1-2 seconds later, it corrects itself. This was noticed by the resulting squished or partly missing text if text is populating that part of the screen at the time.

I've tried altering screen resolution in an attempt to hopefully reset something, did nothing. I've tried screen-dumping to see if it was saved in the screen dump image, it wasn't. Seeming to indicate a hardware error. I've tried it in Android apps, to see if it's isolated to Chrome, but it still does it. I've tried it in Linux programs, still does it.

While writing this, it stopped doing it. I'm not convinced it's solved, but intermittent. I've thought I've seen this machine doing it for a while now, but then seems to not do it. So makes sense to think, intermittent.

Any help, appreciated

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried resetting the battery?
    https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Flaggy
    Options
    Have you tried resetting the battery?
    https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo
    I haven't no. But thanks I will reset the battery and keep monitoring for the fault presenting itself again.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! Post the result here!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Flaggy
    Options
    The R11 appears to have a fixed battery, with no apparent battery reset. But any info on any other way the same task might be performed on it would be greatly received.

UPDATE
    From yesterday and today's manifestation of the problem, It may just be in the minutes the screen is getting some warmth into it. Not that it's being started up particularly cold, but it appears to stop doing it after some use.

Everything appears to be pointing towards a manufacturing defect in the screen. Most probably looking at a warranty fix. 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options
    Check seller/vendor RMA return period policy. It's better to return it to them as defective for a refund or exchange if you can. ACER warranty service will take longer. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ