Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Adding another drive to a Travelmate TMP449-M-39MM?

ksiegelksiegel Posts: 2Member New User
I have a Travelmate TMP449-M-39MM with 4Gb RAM and a 128 GB SSD drive. I can see the open slot for the RAM when I take that cover off, but when I open the Hard Drive cover, it is empty, and there are no connectors.

The system says the hard drive is a Liteon CV3-8D 128 SCSI , which I will assume is in the M.2 NVMe SSD slot- I haven't removed the back of the computer yet.

But I don't want to replace the NVMe device, if that is what it is using; I want to add a second SSD SATA drive.

How do I do that? Where do I get the appropriate connector, and where do I attach it? I spent 20 years as a computer tech, but have been out of the game for 15 years, and want to do it properly, but don't want to pay the $90+/hr at a local shop.

Any thoughts?

-Kurt

FAQ & Answers

• MaClaneMaClane Posts: 9,163ACE Trailblazer
    Good night ksiegel !

This model has 4Gb of RAM integrated (motherboard) and only one slot available to upgrade up to 16Gb So-DIMM DDR4 2133Mhz.

Some versions have a connector for installing a 2.5 '

I believe this is the kit you need:

https://us-store.acer.com/accessories/storage-drives/42-gp4n2-sv1-1

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um "Curtir", marque como "Solucionado" e clique em "Promover"!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a like, flag as "Fixed" and click "Promote"!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

ACE Trailblazer 2014 - 2019                          

• ksiegelksiegel Posts: 2Member New User
    Thanks, McClane.

The kit looks like it will work, but the installation instructions on-line are specific to completely different computers. I just need to be sure that I'm getting the cable into the correct connector, and I can't find the right motherboard photo or a diagram anywhere.. i just want to make sure I'm ready to go, before I open the case. (Which is why I waited until the warranty had expired, to think about doing this.)
  • MaClaneMaClane Posts: 9,163ACE Trailblazer
    In this case, I believe it is best to contact the support directly so that they themselves check the availability of the kit in this model:

Chat : https://us.answers.acer.com/app/chat/chat_launch
    Repair Service : USA https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um "Curtir", marque como "Solucionado" e clique em "Promover"!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a like, flag as "Fixed" and click "Promote"!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

ACE Trailblazer 2014 - 2019