Need help with sound output on Acer K242HQL

feeling2109
feeling2109 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
I plugged in HDMI cable from graphic card to this monitor, there is no sound came out of it.
I've followed steps on the internet like updating drivers, set default devices, restart pc but nothing changed. Windows detects the monitor as a speaker and when I test it there still sound indicator but not the real sound.
As far as I know HDMI transmits both visual and audio signal so i'm really confused.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,050 Trailblazer
    Hello,
    Could you give me the monitor part number and the first ten characters of the serial number (S/N)?
    France
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,716 Trailblazer
    Any chance you just have the volume on the monitor set really low? Not the volume on the computer, the volume on the monitor.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • laurent_14
    I checked several K242HQL models and they don't have built-in speakers so.... no sound.
    France
  • feeling2109
    billsey said:
    Any chance you just have the volume on the monitor set really low? Not the volume on the computer, the volume on the monitor.

I tried to adjust volume in the monitor menu but couldn't access that option

• feeling2109
    I checked several K242HQL models and they don't have built-in speakers so.... no sound.
    Hmm, still windows recognizes it as a speaker and in setting menu there is an option to adjust volume. I wish this model had a 3.5mm jack :((
  • feeling2109
    Hello,
    Could you give me the monitor part number and the first ten characters of the serial number (S/N)?
    Here is the label on the back ( sorry for the quality)
    SNID: 73500185342

• laurent_14
    Thanks. I didn't find your model but you own an K242HQL Bbid and the specs are the same for all countries apart the power cable. Here are pictures of Mexican and Russian versions and you'll be able to see the mention "Speaker N/A or NA" meaning Not Available (Bocinas integradas in Spanish).
    France