Z35p Monitor - Poor video quality and terrible reply from support

Options
pinapples73
pinapples73 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 21 in 2020 Archives
Hi, Anyone experienced issues with the Z35p similar to those below? I emailed support and got a quite ridiculous reply which is also outlined below. 

MY ISSUES:
1) Greenish tint to videos giving skin tones a sickly look.
2) The blend between colours is terrible there are hard edges around the different tones and none blend into each other naturally.
3) The screen has taken to flicker on occasion.
I'm using multiple different sources all with same issues. Bluray, 4k and 1080p, Netflix windows app and through Edge browser. 

REPLY from Acer Tech Support:
XXXXXX

TO SUM UP:
So no check that the monitor has any actual defects. No actual potential solutions. Nothing. So this very expensive monitor is meant to have really poor video quality according to Acer Tech support. All part of the specs apparently! If that is so anyone who is thinking of buying this monitor or any other from Acer should take this into consideration.

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Manny]

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options

Hello pinapples73,

I'm sorry that you're having issues, can you please send me a PM with the S/N of your unit so I can look into this for you?

Thanks,

Acer-Manny

• Jonathantt
    Jonathantt Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hi 
    I have the exact issues and technical support wasn't able to help either. Is there any solution?
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Options
    Hi 
    I have the exact issues and technical support wasn't able to help either. Is there any solution?
    Sorry to hear that Jonathantt, why technical support wasn't able to help you? Can you please elaborate more?

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
  • Jonathantt
    Options
    They said they couldn't find any defect and there is nothing they can fix and it is how this monitor supposed to perform. but with a 8 bit monitor I don't think the color banding should be this bad. 
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Options
    They said they couldn't find any defect and there is nothing they can fix and it is how this monitor supposed to perform. but with a 8 bit monitor I don't think the color banding should be this bad. 
    Can you send me a private message with the serial number and a short video link that shows the poor video quality (i understand that it might be hard to catch this way). Do you have a service order paperwork that states what the service center determined? 

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny
  • Jonathantt
    Options
    New update. I have contacted technical support and they still insist there is no actual hardware defect and they literally said: "This is a quality control problem and there is nothing we can do". Bravo. I won't have another Acer product in the rest of my life