battery not detected my acer model number is 5253-BZ692

dangrasso
dangrasso Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited April 2022 in Swift and Spin Series

my acer model number is 5253-BZ692

I have purchased 2 batteries that have all the same replacement numbers

as10d31  31cr19/65-2

when I put these in they start to charge for a few seconds  and then the icon says no battery detected; I have tried all of the online fixes, delete ms  battery info etc.

where is the problem?

{ edited the title to add model name } 

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning dangrasso !

Check the power interruption button.

The interrupt button not being pressed correctly may generate this problem.

There is a power interrupt button:

httpsusv-cdnnet6029997uploadseditoriscep5djl3gb9qpnghttpsusv-cdnnet6029997uploadseditorj0gzmuu1ah80eqpnghttpsusv-cdnnet6029997uploadseditor15ai55hn6hargxpng

If it is not pressed down or the case is misaligned, errors may occur.
    Check the same and use something like a layer of insulation tape to force and press this button correctly.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• dangrasso

Tinkerer

Thanks
    I am darned if I can locate a button on my Apire
  • MaClane
    Your model has external battery.
    So the button is not present.
    Make sure that removing the battery pack will normally start.

If so, carry out the calibration process.

CALIBRATION AND BATTERY RESET

First, disable Quick Start in the power options and disconnect the notebook from the power outlet.

httpsikinja-imgcomgawker-mediaimageuploads--xWOn54Iw--c_scalef_autofl_progressiveq_80w_8001526844273443938480png

BATTERY CONTROLLER RESET
    Access the device manager and look for the "acpi-compatible control method battery driver" and "Microsoft AC Adapter" and give it up.
    Then restart the notebook for Windows to reinstall and remove any errors.

httpsimagesdrivereasycomwp-contentuploads201811img_5bfe7020cb7efjpg

Process to reset the battery

Disconnect the power adapter.
        Locate the hole to reset the battery in the bottom of the computer.
        He inserted a small clip into the hole. Hold the reset button for 05 seconds.
        Let the computer rest for 5 minutes without power.
        Plug in the power adapter and turn on the system.

External Battery Pack

If your notebook has an external battery, proceed as follows:
    1- Unplug the appliance from the mains and then disconnect the battery.
    2- Press the power button for thirty seconds, so that the static power is dissipated.
    3 - Replace the battery and turn the unit on.

Process for calibrating the battery

For this, you must turn off the device and give a 100% charge.
    Then unplug and use the battery until the battery runs out.
    Reload it as before.
    Repeat the process 3 times so that all cells are fully calibrated.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• calebong
    calebong Member Posts: 3 New User
    Did you manage to solve it? im facing the same problem now 
  • MaClane
    Good afternoon calebong !

Did you make the proposed solutions in the post?

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• dangrasso

Tinkerer

Unplug the appliance from the mains and then disconnect the battery.  did that
    Press the power button for thirty seconds, so that the static power is dissipated. did that
    Replace the battery and turn the unit on. did that no response (battery totally dead?)
    on charger now charger light flashing computer not on (I am assuming it is not charging or the light would stay on)

I can not get any response from Aser tried all day to chat; no one came on line

I have emailed twice starting several days ago no response

All this to replace a battery

their support STINKS!!!!

• calebong
    calebong Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi @MaClane not yet, what do you mean by "use something like a layer of insulation tape"?
  • MaClane
    Both I and other users are on the forum because of the unique help and collaboration.
    None of us are direct employees of Acer nor do we speak on behalf of Acer.
    This is an open collaborative forum for Acer users and enthusiasts.
    If there is help, we are all ready to help.
    If you want to talk directly with Acer, this is not the right channel.

Be polite and control your verbiage.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• MaClane
    calebong disse:
    Hi @MaClane not yet, what do you mean by "use something like a layer of insulation tape"?

On the cover there is a projection that must press the button.
    Use electrical tape or something to force more pressure on this button.

httpsusv-cdnnet6029997uploadseditor15ai55hn6hargxpng

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• dangrasso

Tinkerer

Don't misunderstand me I appreciate your and others help; my frustration is not with you or the board; it is with the lack of any response from Acer customer support
  • MaClane
    I really do not know what Acer's service sector is like in your region or country, but we have a very considerable service in Brazil.
    Try again to contact or try via chat:

Chat USA : https://us.answers.acer.com/app/chat/chat_launch
    Repair Service USA : https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Princekunal9
    Princekunal9 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi,
    I was operating the aspire 3 i5 10th generation and noticed that the battery indicator was showing wrong level/percentage. When I hover over the battery icon, it showed 67% but when I clicked on it, it showed 66%. This continued to go on. The problem was not there before, just recently happened.
    Another problem with the battery is that when the battery is charged fully, and after that when I disconnect it from the mains, it shows either 99% or 98% charged instead of 100%. This happened from the beginning when I purchased the laptop.
    Any idea why it might be happening?
    Do I need to recalibrate my battery or is my battery malfunctioning?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    Likely you only need a calibration. Windows is often off by even more than on yours...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • cbw73
    cbw73 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm having a similar problem.  Battery stopped charging on my 18 month old Aspire a couple of days ago, but would work with adapter in.  Bought a replacement charger at recommendation of the store I purchased the laptop from.  Now the computer doesn't even detect the battery.  Have done a battery report (nothing), and followed the reset/recalibration steps above.  It's an internal battery - do I replace? Is the laptop salvagable?  (I miss being in a big company with an IT dept!!)
  • dangrasso

Tinkerer

Mine is a external battery. How I solved the problem was to put a minimum charge into the battery by locating the + and - slots on the battery and adapting an external charger to charge it. I used a car charger and a couple of finishing nails to fit into the slots. The battery was put back into the computer and then would charge completely by the computer. Apparently the replacement batteries are totally dead when they are shipped and are not recognized by the computer! I wonder if you need to replace your internal battery. You might be able to find a video on u tube. Good Luck!
  • billsey
    Doing a manual recharge when the battery is too low to support normal charging is dangerous. Depending on how much the lithium crystals have grown internally that can short the cells out causing anything from a lot of heat to an explosion. Remember when the Lithium Ion battery were first out and all those Mac laptops had to be recalled due to fires and explosions? That is what was causing it...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    @cbw73 open a new thread for your issue and include the full model number. We can step you through the battery replacement process. It's not that hard to do...