CPU Fan Not Working? [Helios 300]

MAXYZ666
MAXYZ666 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited April 2019 in Predator Laptops
So, I have my Acer Predator for around a year now, and i have 2 problems with it.

Answers

• What is the exact model of the notebook? Example an515-51-75kz! What are the two problems?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MAXYZ666
    edited April 2019
    So, I have my Acer Predator for around a year now, and I have 2 problems with it.
             - The laptop shuts off randomly when the power is unplugged
             - The CPU Fan doesn't appear to be working anymore.

The first problem I have for a long time now, it seems that whenever I unplug the charger, even the slightest touch can shut off my laptop instantly. However, sometimes when I pick it up and even shake it to test if it shuts off, it doesn't. 

The other problem I just encountered is that recently my CPU Fan doesn't work anymore. I tried a lot in Predatorsense but nothing works. I updated all my drivers and reinstalled them so I know that's not the issue. Sometimes I can see my fan speed going from 0 to ~600 - 800, only for it to be quickly reset back to 0. 

Can anyone help me with this? 

Sincerely,

Max

• What is the exact model of the notebook? Example g3-572 or g3-571! On the fact that the notebook hangs up when being moved from place to place, I suggest you check this button:

Put some layers of electrical tape to put pressure on you better:

About the fan, has this problem occurred after an update of windows 10 or the drivers?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MAXYZ666
    The model number I have is G3-571-77QK
    And about the fan, I really have no clue, to be honest, I don't game alot on this laptop and when I did want to play games today I noticed my laptop was even more hot than usual, and when I checked the fan speed it was 0. I do update my windows quite a lot so honestly, I don't know

• Let's try to solve one problem at a time! About turning off the notebook, have you checked the button I showed above?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MAXYZ666
    I havent yet, because i dont have electrical tape in my home at the moment. should i check it anyway?
  • MAXYZ666
    This is what i found: 

• This button may cause the notebook to be unplugged inadvertently when not properly depressed! That's why I suggested that you put some layers of electrical tape to put pressure on you better! Is this notebook still under warranty?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MAXYZ666
    I just put some layers of tape on it, and I believe it still has warranty yeah.
  • great! Now check whether the notebook will shut down or not!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MAXYZ666
    It actually seems to work! 
  • great! and the fans are working properly?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MAXYZ666
    sadly no :/ the gpu is working fine like before, but the cpu fan still seems to have the same problem 
  • Have you tried resetting the internal battery to make sure the fan works properly again?
    https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Have you also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the predator sense?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MAXYZ666
    Sorry for my late reaction, I tried both the reset pin and reinstalling predatorsense, nothing worked sadly.. :anguished:
  • I noticed a similar situation on the an515-51 when I put the notebook into power saving mode! This happened when I turned off coolboost! Check if activating coolboost if it solves your problem!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Try activating coolboost in both predator sense and acer quick access!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MAXYZ666
    Coolboost seems so make no difference whats so ever to it
  • About the fans, have you tried reinstalling windows by pressing altf10 before the Acer logo to see if it solves the problem? Have you also checked the bios version? How long does it take to finish the warranty?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer