Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Disabling Hyperthreading on Revo RL85???

Zenith_BZenith_B Posts: 2Member New User
Hi,

I am trying to disable CPU hyperthreading on my Revo One RL85 but cannot seem to find an option for it in the BIOS.
My Revo is running a stock Intel Core i5-5200U 2.2GHz processor. This processor supports hyperthreading according to intel website.

I am able to access the system BIOS on startup, but from there I cannot see any option to disable hyperthreading.

Is anyone able to shed some light on this situation? I need hyperthreading disabled as I believe it is negatively impacting my main application I use this computer for (Avid Pro Tools - Digital Audio Workstation). ProTools famously has CPU issues with hyperthreading, and alot of people in the AVID communities recommend disabling hyperthreading.

Thanks in advance!

FAQ & Answers

• JackEJackE Posts: 16,640ACE Trailblazer
    Instead, simply try changing Control Panel's power plan to power saver mode to see if this makes a difference. Jack E/NJ
  • Zenith_BZenith_B Posts: 2Member New User
    Thanks for your reply JackE,

I have tried this option previously and still experienced crashes due to CPU usage. It's possible I simply require a more powerful CPU and need to replace my computer. Disabling hyperthreading is my last resort.

• JackEJackE Posts: 16,640ACE Trailblazer
    Sorry. As far as I can tell, hyperthreading might not be the only issue here. I don't think the RL85 meets the minimum system requirements for running this suite. Jack E/NJ