Usb stays powered on after shutdown Acer Nitro 5

Nayt
Nayt Member Posts: 2 New User
since i bought this laptop, i have a pair of headphones plugged into the usb 3.0 port and after i shutdown the led stays on. I have searched around the internet but none of them work. This includes going into the acer quick access program and disabling the usb powered option, disabling fast start up, and disabling hibernation. I cant find anything in the BIOS either. Please help, thanks :)

Answers

• tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Navigate to your Power Settings > Change Plan Settings > Change Advanced Power settings > USB settings > USB selective suspend settings > 

I think you should Enable this if you want the USB to suspend power. It is a bit confusing, because Acer Quick Access says it shuts this feature off. But I have had the same issue before where power remained on after shutdown and I believe this is how I fixed it. Reply back if that does not work for you. 
  • Nayt
    Nayt Member Posts: 2 New User
    tobimaru said:
    Navigate to your Power Settings > Change Plan Settings > Change Advanced Power settings > USB settings > USB selective suspend settings > 

I think you should Enable this if you want the USB to suspend power. It is a bit confusing, because Acer Quick Access says it shuts this feature off. But I have had the same issue before where power remained on after shutdown and I believe this is how I fixed it. Reply back if that does not work for you. 
    It didn’t really work, both disabled and enabled.
  • Wastelandse
    Wastelandse Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited April 2019
    You can turn this feature off in BIOS, it called "Power-Off USB Charging", if i remember correctly. Or in Acer Quick-Access app
  • ukHeather
    ukHeather Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    edited February 2022
    deleted

Sorry wrong post
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Nayt

I answered a similar question for another member a few days ago. Check this link:

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/1092767#Comment_1092767

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Hm...

Didn't pay attention that this is such an old thread dated back to the year 2019, because @ukHeather activated it today.