Acer repair team is very bad

AboOmarJeddin
AboOmarJeddin Member Posts: 74 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I bought a laptop 3 months ago, second hand but it had warranty. 
First I sent it in because the power button wasn't working, but it was and the technical support didn't know that it was a Acer feature to have it wait 4 second so it doesn't shutdown accedintally. And after my laptop arrived I started getting my CPU capped
Second times I sent it in, I sent it in for a battery replacement and the CPU was capped at 2.5.
First they didn't change the battery even though it inly last an hour just browsing internet, and they didn't fix the capped CPU.
That said they did fix it but it wasn'. They don't know how to replace the battery nor fix the CPU. Like if the cpu capped and they can't fix it they should change the motherboard because I am still on warranty. I asked for the .to ship me a replacement warranty but they disagreed. I sent it for 4 week and both times I sent it they did t fix it. 
What do I do next?

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good night AboOmarJeddin !

First of all, you must first inform the EXACT model of your laptop.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• AboOmarJeddin
    Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51
    i5 7300hq 
    GTX 1050
    12 GB RAM

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good night AboOmarJeddin !

This processor has a clock base of 2.5Ghz and can reach up to 3.5Ghz in Turbo Boost.
    But understand that the Turbo Booste is not the actual clock of this processor.
    Only with the motherboard connected directly to the power outlet, set to the power portion of Windows for High Performance, and only when a request requires the clock can exceed the base.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• AboOmarJeddin
    I already know, i know that mycpu can get above 2.5 ghz with out power, but it wont
    it a mobo problem
  • AboOmarJeddin
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/562617/the-cpu-clock#latest
    This is a post I started and got a reply from the highest ranked member of Acer communities (I think because he was on top of of chart on the right). And he couldn't fix it. He also think it not a feature but a problem.