Bios Boot menu not showing Legacy option to and also m.2 ssd boot priority is not getting selected

ishk30
ishk30 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
 I recently purchased the Aspire A315-41-R45R laptop and installed this SSD: Kingston SSDNow 240GB M.2 Hard Drive (SUV500M8/240GIN) https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07DDPQ64W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 into internal Slot. However, my BIOS does not seem to recognize drive but it show up under 'My Computer' and is Bios information. Please Advise as how remedy & get run os run

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited April 2019 Answer ✓
    For some reason, ssd was not properly cloned! Do the following:
    a) first convert ssd to gpt like this:

b) then download the minitoolpartition program and decrease the size of the hd partition to an approximate size of ssd! You should clone the 100mb partitions, Acer c: \ and the recovery partition:
    https://youtu.be/cma_h3EVS04
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• ishk30

Tinkerer

• This model seems to accept only 2280 m2 sata 3! Is ssd recognized in the bios information section? Have you already converted ssd to gpt?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ishk30

Tinkerer

also this is the status
  • Got it! You want to install windows on ssd, correct? If so, use some cloning program with macrium reflect or minitool partition!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ishk30

Tinkerer

Yes, i have converted to GPT and clonned through Macrium
  • ishk30

Tinkerer

Got it! You want to install windows on ssd, correct? If so, use some cloning program with macrium reflect or minitool partition!yes i want to run my os through SSD and existing HDD as my other drive, but the bios is not allowing to boot from SSD
  • Now the ssd windows boot manager is showing up in the bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ishk30

Tinkerer

Still not showing in BIOS
  • Something went wrong with cloning! Have you also cloned the smaller, 100MB partitions and recovery as well? Also, it may be necessary to decrease the size of the hd to an approximate size of the ssd! You can do this by using the windows' own disk management!
    Digite seu comentário

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ishk30

Tinkerer

Clonning is perfect, SSD size also having no issues
  • Have you already disconnected hd to check if windows boots in ssd?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ishk30

Tinkerer

Yes i checked that, it shows no bootable device screen
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited April 2019 Answer ✓
    For some reason, ssd was not properly cloned! Do the following:
    a) first convert ssd to gpt like this:

b) then download the minitoolpartition program and decrease the size of the hd partition to an approximate size of ssd! You should clone the 100mb partitions, Acer c: \ and the recovery partition:
    https://youtu.be/cma_h3EVS04

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ishk30

Tinkerer

you're right!!! one small fat32 partition was not cloned, now its working properly
  • And what was this partition? the 100mg partition or the recovery?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ishk30

Tinkerer

The 100 mg partition was missing, that i created through macrium. Then it started showing in boot priority menu
  • Great my friend! Accept my answer to end the topic!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• GARRY_SINGH
    GARRY_SINGH Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited August 2019
    i also face same question the m2 ssd not shows in booting menu