Boost frequency for 1050ti on Acer Aspire 7 A715-72G

Docrend
Docrend Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I was wondering what is the boost frequency for 1050ti  on my laptop model , on msi afterburner it's 1797 under load and i wonder is that what it's supposed to be or is it supposed to be lower cause in some videos on youtube i saw the laptop 1050ti around 1680 mhz under load.

Best Answer

• tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Thats a very good card then! Some Acer laptops include a software called Predator/Nitro Sense that also boosts the core clock speed 'Normal' 'Faster' or 'Turbo'. Perhaps that's the cause? If not, it may just be a higher clocked 1050 Ti! You could probably take it further!

Here's a shot showing that while the Boost Clock in the post above says "1820" it actually boosts to 1873! So, the numbers are not definite.

Answers

• tobimaru
    The default levels are 1493MHz, boost clock 1620MHz. But these are not strict limits, and GPU boost can sometimes let the card clock even higher. That is just how Pascal cards are, lots of fluctuations. This is also dependent on what Power Management mode you have set in nVidia Control Panel for the card.

Within Afterburner it's possible to increase the core clock value. If you've done this, that's why you're seeing 1797 over 1620. The memory is also overclockable.

My current gaming overclock is 200MHz core and 1000MHz memory for clock speeds around 1820MHz core and 4500MHz memory.

• Docrend
    Docrend Member Posts: 4 New User
    Thanks for the answer tobimaru really helpful, this is after all my first nvidia card, and no i did not set anything in msi afterburner it just was like that on default.
  • tobimaru
    Answer ✓
    Thats a very good card then! Some Acer laptops include a software called Predator/Nitro Sense that also boosts the core clock speed 'Normal' 'Faster' or 'Turbo'. Perhaps that's the cause? If not, it may just be a higher clocked 1050 Ti! You could probably take it further!

Here's a shot showing that while the Boost Clock in the post above says "1820" it actually boosts to 1873! So, the numbers are not definite.