Aspire E1-572P (NX.MFMEK.002, Acer EA50_HW (U3E1)) Memory upgrade, maximum motherboard capability.

Scratch_
Scratch_ Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hi, for Acer Aspire E1-572P (NX.MFMEK.002, Acer EA50_HW (U3E1)), what is maximum memory capacity, I have 2x4Gb (PC3-12800 (800 MHz)), but would like to use 2x8Gb, but am unclear if Motherboard will support that.

Does any one know or have a manual with compatible memory suggestions please?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    In fact, it's a ddr3L memory!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• According to the service manual, this model supports up to 16GB of memory ddr3L, 1.35v, 1333 or 1600mhz, sodimm. However, make sure the memory that is currently installed on your notebook, whether it is a ddr3 or ddr3L...
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Scratch_

Tinkerer

edited April 2019
    Thank you! The current memory is Kingston, PC3-12800 (800 MHz), ACR16D3LS1NBG/4G, 1.35 v, so yes I think DDR3L.
    Are you able to share a link to the service manual for this model please? Thanks!
  • I would like you to check with aida64 if this information is correct! I have doubts whether the memory that this model uses, whether it is a ddr3 or ddr3L:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Scratch_

Tinkerer

Hi, Thanks for the reply. Attached is a photo of the memory, it has the markings ACR16D3LS1NBG/4G and 4GB 1Rx8 PC3L-12800-11-12-B2, I think the PC3L mean low voltage.
    Interestingly in Speccy it says DDR3 in type but in timing table 1.35v is referenced, and PC3L on memory module.
    For info I have also installed another 4Gb memory module (as Kingston/Crucial suggest only 8Gb Max?) - New module is Kingston 4GB 1600MHz 204-Pin CL11 DDR3L SODIMM Non-ECC Unbuffered 1.35V Memory Module and it seems to be working fine (no Speccy screenshot sorry) , its just I would really like to be able to install 2x8Gb modules if possible! So I hope the 16Gb maximum is correct info :-) (QuickFind: 737975 Mfr part code: KCP3L16SS8/4 https://www.ebuyer.com/737975-kingston-4gb-1600mhz-204-pin-cl11-ddr3l-sodimm-non-ecc-unbuffered-1-35v-memory-module-kcp3l16ss8-4

• What is the exact model of your notebook? Example e1-572p-6468!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Scratch_

Tinkerer

Hi thanks for the reply. E1-572P-54204G75Mnkk, manufactured 2013/10/16
  • I believe this model supports 16gb of ddr3L ram memory! Download this program from the crucial to verify this: https://www.crucial.com/

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Scratch_

Tinkerer

Thanks, I get this from the crucial scan.
  • So that means you can upgrade to 16gb of ram!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Scratch_

Tinkerer

Thanks, I also installed AIDA64, it suggests 16Gb, buy says DDR3, even though I think I have DDR3L installed. Plus I couldn't see the screen where you had the voltage showing (1.5v on your screen) I was looking for a 1.35 entry in AIDA64

[ Memory Arrays / System Memory ]

Memory Array Properties:
    Location  Motherboard
    Memory Array Function  System Memory
    Error Correction  None
    Max. Memory Capacity  16 GB
    Memory Devices  2

[ Memory Devices / DIMM0 ]

Memory Device Properties:
    Form Factor  SODIMM
    Type  DDR3
    Type Detail  Synchronous
    Size  4 GB
    Max. Clock Speed  1600 MT/s
    Current Clock Speed  1600 MT/s
    Total Width  64-bit
    Data Width  64-bit
    Ranks  1
    Device Locator  DIMM0
    Bank Locator  BANK 0
    Manufacturer  Kingston
    Serial Number  221842E9
    Asset Tag  Unknown
    Part Number  9905603-020.A00G

[ Memory Devices / DIMM1 ]

Memory Device Properties:
    Form Factor  SODIMM
    Type  DDR3
    Type Detail  Synchronous
    Size  4 GB
    Max. Clock Speed  1600 MT/s
    Current Clock Speed  1600 MT/s
    Total Width  64-bit
    Data Width  64-bit
    Ranks  1
    Device Locator  DIMM1
    Bank Locator  BANK 2
    Manufacturer  Kingston
    Serial Number  2D1ED4C2
    Asset Tag  Unknown
    Part Number  ACR16D3LS1NBG/4G

• You must click on the SPD section, see:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Scratch_

Tinkerer

SPD section seems blank?

• The type of memory your notebook uses is a 1.35v ddr3L! The ddr3 memories uses the 1.5v voltage!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Scratch_

Tinkerer

Yes, I was hoping to see AIDA say 1.35v to confirm the modules are DDR3L, they say they are on the stickers, so I think they are. AIDA says DDR3 though (not L)
  • The ddr3L memories are compatible with the 1.35 or 1.5v voltage! However, the ddr3 memories are only compatible with the 1.5v voltage! Your notebook supports ddr3L memories!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Scratch_

Tinkerer

Speccy reading now, with 4+4Gb

• Scratch_

Tinkerer

Speccy reading now with 4+4Gb

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    In fact, it's a ddr3L memory!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Scratch_

Tinkerer

Thanks for all the help, I will go for 2x 8Gb DDR3L and report back how it goes.
  • You are welcome my friend!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer