R 13 hard boot won't work - R7-371T-72CF

duxx
duxx Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
My R 13 won't boot.  This happened once before and using the battery disconnect in the pinhole in the back booted it right up.  Now it won't boot up even after disconnection of the power cord, sticking a paperclip into battery disconnect for 5 seconds, waiting up to 30 min before reconnecting the power cord before opening the top and it still won't boot.  Seems totally dead.  Maybe related to recent Windows 10 update??????  I have no idea.  Anyone have any ideas on how to get the machine to start again?

Answers

• What is the exact model of notebook? Example an515-51-75kz!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • duxx
    Model ZS8   or R7-371T-72CF
  • Does the notebook power the battery and the power LEDs? Have you checked that the screws are securely attached to the lower case?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • duxx
    All screws are factory tight.  The little LED on the bottom left front edge lights up orange and then blue and stays blue when the power cord is plugged in.
  • Do you if any lowercase bolts are loose? When windows downloaded the updates, has the firmware driver been updated as well?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• duxx
    All bolts are tight.  Not sure that new update to Windows 10 was installed, but that is the only thing that changed in use during this timeframe.  Don't know if firmware driver was updated. Updates installed automatically.
  • Have you checked that this button is being pressed?

Is your notebook still under warranty?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• duxx
    It's not under warranty.  I haven't taken the back off.  I tried the reboot pushing a paperclip through the little hole in the bottom of the case.
  • Actually, what sets the battery down is the blue button:

The other one refers to the power interruption button that may not be pressed properly!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer