Laptop screen turns white while playing games

Options
Daryl02
Daryl02 Member Posts: 23 Troubleshooter
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Ok so I was playing a computer game with my Acer Aspire 5742 laptop, then after about a half hour the screen flickers then the screen turns white. I tried to press Alt + Tab so it will go to the Desktop but the white screen didn't go away after that. But after a few seconds the screen goes back to normal. So I returned to playing the game again. But after just a few minutes, the screen started to flicker and the screen turned white again. So I press Alt + Tab again and pressed the Windows key. The white screen didn't go away and when I pressed the Windows key 2 times, I noticed the color changes between the 2. When I returned to the Desktop, it's white, while when I pressed the Window key, the screen turns white with a slight purple color because the background of the Windows 8.1 menu is purple. So I put the laptop to sleep then when I turned it on, the screen goes back to normal. I don't know what triggers this white screen problem. When I don't play the game, the screen normally works for now and I do hope to find a solution to this problem asap.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Hello! Have you checked with hwmonitor if the video card and processor are overheating? Have you tried updating the drivers on the intel website? What is the exact model of the notebook? Example v3-571-6682!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Daryl02
    Daryl02 Member Posts: 23 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Hello! Have you checked with hwmonitor if the video card and processor are overheating? Have you tried updating the drivers on the intel website? What is the exact model of the notebook? Example v3-571-6682!
    Umm I don't really know, all I know it's an Acer Aspire 5742 with a Windows 8.1 Operating System. The white screen happens randomly and there was a time that it went away when I hit the fan on the side of the keyboard. Do you have any solutions for it?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    First I would try to update the drivers and bios to see if it solves the problem. Then I would check this tip: http://www.fixya.com/support/t12958399-acer_5742z_4646_lcd_screen_white
    https://youtu.be/G5oOVBtfOjM

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)