Options
124»

Answers

• Oppne
    Oppne Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options
    xapim said:
    Oppne how come its says your system its not supported if the IGPU its inside the cpu and its supported by windows itself with standard drivers i suspect something is really wrong with your OS probably broken/corrupted due to windows updates try a stock recovery clean install check here backup whatever you need first and delete everything option also disable windows updates from update drivers/firmware or completely after this if the issue still persists  its most probably a hardware issue contact acer support directly and send it back to get it checked
    Im sorry, but this still remains an issue. 
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    Options
    Oppne well this is a really weird issue indeed ....

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• uturn0427
    uturn0427 Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I think this is a heat issue, when settings are turned down, or less demanding games are played everything works fine. In fact the same games that make the video card cut out play fine until the card heats up.  There is only 1 temp sensor in the center of the GPU this does not measure temps of the gpu ram and other gpu components. I will try to replace the stock thermal paste with thermal grizzly kryonaut, and ALL PADS with thermal grizzly minus pads(2.0 millimeter) and report back here in a few days with results once installed...  As of right now I am experiencing this issue in star citizen with settings turned all the way up, but if I slightly turn them down I get no crashes.. Similar heat issues would occur in the predator helios 300 g3-571 where the battery would need to be reset before the machine would reboot...

Currently testing on i7-8750 + rtx2080 MaxQ

• Silvannos
    Silvannos Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    uturn0427 said:
    I think this is a heat issue, when settings are turned down, or less demanding games are played everything works fine. In fact the same games that make the video card cut out play fine until the card heats up.  There is only 1 temp sensor in the center of the GPU this does not measure temps of the gpu ram and other gpu components. I will try to replace the stock thermal paste with thermal grizzly kryonaut, and ALL PADS with thermal grizzly minus pads(2.0 millimeter) and report back here in a few days with results once installed...  As of right now I am experiencing this issue in star citizen with settings turned all the way up, but if I slightly turn them down I get no crashes.. Similar heat issues would occur in the predator helios 300 g3-571 where the battery would need to be reset before the machine would reboot...

Did you do the repaste and did it help?
  • Zipo0
    Zipo0 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options
    Well, it was cool as long as it lasted. Had another crash. I'll try with a clean install of the acer one
    Anyone else having the same issues still? I've got a Triton 500 pt515-51, i5 9750H with the 2060 and my computer will occasionally turn off it's screen after it's been put to sleep for a period of time. I did a clean install of windows and the issue still occurs. I tried cleaning all the connectors with rubbing alcohol, swapping the ram sticks, updating the drivers for the Intel graphics, downgrading the drivers too, and even a bios update. When the screen does go black (it doesn't turn on whatsoever) restarting the computer by force doesn't always fix the issue. Sometimes if the laptop is forced to shut down by either resetting the battery or by holding down the power button, the keyboard and turbo button will light up and the fans will kick in, but the display won't show anything and rarely, the display will flicker and show white lines when the display DOES decide to turn on and get passed the Acer logo boot up sequence. Anyone have any idea of what could be wrong?
  • agentofrandom
    agentofrandom Member Posts: 20

Tinkerer

Options
    uturn0427 said:

Were you ever able to confirm if it was a heat issue?

im having the same issue, but I already repasted with Kryonaut and all the sensors in HWINFO indicate I’m well below temps limits, but I still get the crash 
  • Zolokhan
    Zolokhan Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Options
    I am having the same issue ... and it has also started not recognizing my graphics card.  Resetting the battery usually brings it back.  

Did anyone find a real solution to this? Peopel have tried heat solutions, drivers, everything ... but nobody has said they worked.