screen flashes from time to time especially when playing/pausing videos

backslashV
backslashV Member Posts: 8 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
I have demoed the problem briefly here: https://streamable.com/na3s8

basically when I play/pause/seek a video or maximize/minimize it, the screen turns off and on for a split second. What is causing this and how can I fix it? For the record I have the EVGA 1080 Ti SC Black and my monitor is Acer Predator XB271HU at 165Hz.

Answers

• Hello! Have you tried lowering the resolution and refresh rate on the monitor? Does this monitor have a function called overclocking?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good afternoon backslashV !

What type of connection are you using?
    Have you tried other cables?
    Are your drivers (both Intel HD and NVidia) up-to-date?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• backslashV
    Hello! Have you tried lowering the resolution and refresh rate on the monitor? Does this monitor have a function called overclocking?
    Yes I have tried those with no luck. Yes it does have OC and I just disabled it but the issue persists.
  • backslashV
    MaClane said:
    Good afternoon backslashV !

What type of connection are you using?
    Have you tried other cables?
    Are your drivers (both Intel HD and NVidia) up-to-date?

Display port
    Yes
    Yes
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited April 2019
    Have you tried lowering the resolution and refresh rate on both the monitor and windows? Have you tried resetting your monitor settings? Have you checked maclane's suggestion?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • backslashV
    I found out based on other threads that turning gsync off fixes the issue and it seems to be the case in the few minutes I've been trying it, but this isn't ideal. I bought the monitor to have gsync on.
  • We need to check that your video card and processor are compatible with gsync! What is the exact model of your computer? Example an515-51-75kz!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• backslashV
    It's a custom-made desktop. The CPU is i7-8700K.
  • What is the model of video card?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• backslashV
    What is the model of video card?
    as mentioned in the original post, it is EVGA 1080 Ti SC Black.
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Colleague maclane is correct! Have you checked if updating the drivers on nvidia and intel websites and windows if the problem is solved?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• backslashV
    Colleague maclane is correct! Have you checked if updating the drivers on nvidia and intel websites and windows if the problem is solved?
    I replied to her if you look more closely.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited April 2019
    Check this user's response: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/479279/#Comment_479279
    He set the overdrive!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer