LukasL Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Just about a week ago I got the Nitro 5 gaming laptop with these specs
Intel i5-8300h
GTX 1050 4GB
1tb hard drive 
8gb memory
windows 10

After getting it and taking it home I noticed when playing games that it wasn't performing as well as I thought it would, I didn't really think much of it at the time I just thought I would lower some of the graphic settings and leave it at that.  I also noticed it was somewhat slow when opening google tabs or even when trying to type in the search bar in windows.  Just today I tried playing GTA 5 and it was not going well.  I decided to go looking into task manager and end some processes to free up ram.  I found out that when I wasn't doing anything the ram usage would be anywhere from 35-55%.  I'm hoping I can get some help, I'm assuming these extra processes have been going on since I got the laptop.

Answers

• BlueBait
    BlueBait Member Posts: 59 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    open the task manager and look for unwanted app you can see if you found something suspicious search the application name on the google if its malware or winapp
  • tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Navigate to 'Add & Remove Programs' and give the entire list a good review. Any programs you did not specifically install, or are not currently using; should be considered for deletion. 

You should also review the 'Startup Programs' list and disable any programs you do not need at startup.

After this if you still don't notice any improvement in Memory usage at idle post back and let us know.
  • Mainerunr
    Mainerunr Member Posts: 30 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options
    Here's another thing to try...

Settings>Privacy>Background Apps

I found that a bunch of those had at least something loaded even though I had not used them.
  • Gawain
    Gawain Member Posts: 373 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    what are the processes in task manager that are using so much memory?  Just screen shot task manager after sorting in memory usage order.  (another screenshot in cpu usage order would be good too).
  • Sreyas
    Sreyas Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options
    Well, I have the same Laptop and I also have the same RAM usage. Nearly 3GB gone. But I don't have any low performance issues.

When I first got this laptop, I faced many bugs in the laptop. I then reinstalled my OS and all of the issues were gone. I would also suggest you to have a clean install of your OS.