My Acer Nitro 5 won't charge or turn on?

WeebJesus
WeebJesus Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I was playing games on my Acer Nitro 5 not too long ago and then fell asleep for about 45 mins and when I woke up and went to use it I realized it had turned off. I tried using different outlets, a different Acer power supply, and attempted removing the battery and discharging any built up power, however none of these fixed the issue. I have only had this laptop for a week and don't know why this had happened. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    On the bottom look for a small battery reset pinhole. Remove the charger. Then gently insert a paper clip into the pinhole for about 10 seconds. Then let the battery rest for 15mins. Then plug the charger back in for about an hour. Then try to turn it back on again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• WeebJesus
    WeebJesus Member Posts: 2 New User
    JackE said:
    On the bottom look for a small battery reset pinhole. Remove the charger. Then gently insert a paper clip into the pinhole for about 10 seconds. Then let the battery rest for 15mins. Then plug the charger back in for about an hour. Then try to turn it back on again. Jack E/NJ
    Thanks for the reply, I have tried this and still nothing is happening. I might have to either bring it to a repair shop or return it to Amazon for a new one. 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    >>> return it to Amazon for a new one. >>>

Yes, do this quickly before their RMA period expires. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ