Monitor brightness changes all the time (G227HQLAbid)

Donnie_Darko
Donnie_Darko Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
While using my Acer monitor (G227HQLAbid) it suddenly started to change its brightness and doesn't stop doing it since then. It starts in the top right corner to become darker and spread to the whole screen within a second. Then it gets brighter again within a second. That way the brightness changes all the time. Tried to change different things in the settings, but nothing worked.

Answers

• Hello! Have you tried resetting the monitor?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Donnie_Darko

Tinkerer

Yes, it didn't solve the problem though.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited April 2019
    Have you tried with hdmi or dp cable?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Donnie_Darko

Tinkerer

Just changed the VGA cable, still the same problem. Don't know why but the monitor never worked with HDMI, although it should.
  • Would you like to record a video? Could you tell me the model of the computer? Have you checked that the problem remains in the bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Donnie_Darko

Tinkerer

CPU: AMD Athlon2 X3 455 (3x3.3GHz)
    Graphic card: AMD HD3000/760G max. 1024MB shared Memory with extra DVI connection, with VGA DSUB analog, DirectX 10
    Mainboard: MSI 760GMA-P34 DDR3 Sockel AM3+, AMD 760G, Chipset, 6× SATA II + 2x SATA III, 4×USB2.0 + 2x USB3.0, 1× PCIe X16 2.0, 1× PCI, 1x PCIe x1, 2× PS/2
    Operating system: Windows 7 Professional

I checked the drivers for the graphic card and the monitor, seems to be okay.

• Would you like to test the external monitor on another computer and with another vga or hdmi cable? Also, are you connecting the monitor directly to a properly grounded electrical outlet?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Donnie_Darko

Tinkerer

Just tested the monitor on my old computer and with another vga, also used a different electrical outlet. Still the same problem. At least now I can be sure that the monitor is the reason for it.
  • Is your monitor still under warranty?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Donnie_Darko

Tinkerer

No I had warranty for 2 years only. Now I own the monitor for almost 4 years.
  • Have you tried lowering the refresh rate here?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Donnie_Darko

Tinkerer

Tried also that now. Unfortunately still the same problem.
  • Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,404 Trailblazer
    Hi @Donnie_Darko Does it happen the same if you access Windows in safe mode?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• Donnie_Darko

Tinkerer

Yes the same happens in Windows safe mode.
  • This problem seems to be on your monitor hardware!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Donnie_Darko

Tinkerer

So I only could send it in for repair or buy a new monitor, I guess.
  • Try disabling the adaptive brightness function here:
    Resultado de imagem para brilho aumenta e diminui sozinho

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Donnie_Darko

Tinkerer

I don't have the option "Enable adaptive brightness"; at "Display" I only have "Turn off display after".
  • Have you checked if updating the drivers with the driverbooster or driverpack, if it solves the problem?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Donnie_Darko

Tinkerer

Yes, I did yesterday. Didn't help unfortunately.